JG M4 bodykit on TM M4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JG M4 bodykit on TM M4

I have been given a broken JG STAR Dragon, which is essentially a JG bodykit with a JG CQB 'Tanker' M4 underneath minus the front. I'm a big Anime fan so insane enough to consider this good looking.

As most will know the JG name isn't exactly one of quality or reliability. The gun was infact donated to me becase the 120% spring JG put in it (to compensate for the 20cm barrel and crap cylinder in terms of FPS I guess) had eventually caused something to break and destroy most the gearbox. I could replace all the internals, but the body is green and i want a black one anyways as i'm going to paint the nerf-grey bodykit black also. So my cunning plan (hopefully not too Baldrick) is to put the JG body kit on a TM high-cycle M4, saving myself having to try achieve similar low FPS/ high RPS by building my own gearbox. And if i'm ever cured of my sci-fi tendancies or break the body kit i'll still have an awesome gun left underneath.

I'll have to swap the stock and re-route the battery to the front as well as putting a slightly shorter inner barrel in but that's not a biggie.

Looking at pictures of the TM M4 upper&lower receiver, it seems to be exactly the same as the JG M4. It wouldn't supprise me if the JG one was copied from TM or other maufacturers as i've seen lots of comments about this being how JG started out, cheap clones.

However, I'm not too keen on spending £300 on the TM to then find that a dimension is different and the body kit won't fit. Knowing my luck i'd prob scratch the TM body or do something in the process to make it un-returnable. So my question to the community is; does anyone have both a JG and Marui M4 or experience of them both enough to verify whether their lower&upper receiver combined are the same dimensions? As long as they're the same width/height/length then any cosmetic differences should be possible to modify the kit to fit.
    the horror... the horror... (of the amount spent on airsoft)

Re: JG M4 bodykit on TM M4

Should work mate.
    The laptop is mightier than the pistol.

Comment

Re: JG M4 bodykit on TM M4

Indeed it did work, fortunately JG must be clone of TM as is exactly same dimensions.

Wasn't too painful to swap the stock and put the battery wiring out the front on the TM, and the outter barrel from the JG fitted into it nicely too. I've kept the longer inner barrel (the JG had a 195mm one, fook that!), and am compensating with either a silencer or a extension tube if i want to use a tracer.

I'm currently in the process of removing the crap silver paint and thin layer of car-dashboard rubberised coating from the whole body kit so i can give it a matt-black coat and a couple panels in dark-grey so it looks more akin to the Poseidon kit it's a clone of.

I'm fitting a laser into the front of the bodykit, there's a perfect little nob sticking out the front (giggity) inbetween the barrel and front sight, might have even been designed to accomodate one in the original poseidon kit.

It's got a standard m16 carry-handle so got the rail adapter for a top mounted scope.

Also sticking a rail on the side of it for a torch, there is a tiny little under-rail on the front, but it's shorter than a pistol one and i've tried putting torch on it and it gets in the way of holding the front grip, may just remove this as it doesn't look too possible to replace or extend it without compromising structural integrity.

Currently trying to think of any other high-tech gadgetry i could incorporate into the gun, as want it to behave as sci-fi as possible to match its looks.
      the horror... the horror... (of the amount spent on airsoft)

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Colonel Kurtz Find out more about Colonel Kurtz
      Working...
      X