Rubbish tracer units...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rubbish tracer units...

A while back I bought a B&T tracer unit. While the BB's come out nice and bright, it will only light up around 60% of the shots I fire. It's flashing every time a shot is fired, but most of the BB's just won't glow...

I gave up with it and bought another Chinese tracer. This one is quite dim, and only lights up maybe 10-20% of the fired shots. As with the first it's flashing every single shot, but the BB just won't glow.

I'm using Excel .2 tracer BB's.

I'm thinking I'm just going to have to bite the bullet and source a Marui unit. But before I do, has anyone had any luck upgrading/replacing LEDs/tinkering with the electrics?

Re: Rubbish tracer units...

on my pdw I use a madbull hop-up tracer unit and it charges all my bbs with no problems, I also use silencer types on other guns, one of the best tracer units I have used is the xcortech xt501, it can handle very fast rates of fire....anyway if you drop feed the bbs through the tracer do they all light up, also you have used different tracer units have you tried different bbs ive used mainly blasters,or SRCs and on occasions madbulls, I havnt noticed any charging problems with them
    VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
    trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

I love tracers, and apart from tracer mags which i'm not keen on, all my tracer units have been very good, but the best was definately the early TM one, the one with the on off switch on the cap, (a real design fault) which seemed to light every single BB up, whatever the rate of fire, it was so good that when I lent it to my friend Mark, (Terminator68) he refused point blank to give it back, making me stupid offers of cash or swaps for it, until in the end I sold it to him.
      "This is my rifle, it's just a toy one, there are many like it, they're toy ones too, without it, i'm £250 better off, without me, it gathers dust in the corner, we're just big boys playing soldiers, lets try and remember that" play fair have fun.

Comment

I bit the bullet and got the TM Full Auto tracer first time, the thing is perfect. Although theres some damage to the inside connection plates from some sub par batteries

Comment

Ive used nothing but B&Ts for my custom work and theyve been really really good.

If it flashes every time, you think it might be the bbs?
          -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
          -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

I've had two B+T tracers ,the first died really fast ,the second one was completely different internally ,the second one had surface mounted components the first one had old style through the board components ,in short I recon the first batch were crap but the improved them .

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

skapunkninja Find out more about skapunkninja
            Working...
            X