MP5 Cocking Tube Lasers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MP5 Cocking Tube Lasers

Seen the once or twice (not in person) and really like the idea. Ive seen that ICS do a cocking tube laser, but can't see how it actually fits in. Most cocking tube caps are threaded and I don't see any threads on the lasers ICS do?

Can anyone give me any information on compatibility etc?

Re: MP5 Cocking Tube Lasers

Off another forum. name of our sport in ohio.

The ICS laser comes with an outer shell, as shown in your picture and you simply unsrew it from the shell, which BTW is included with the laser should you wish to install it in a RIS mount. The laser unit itself then screws into the front sight mount of the MP5, once you remove the cap of course. I have one installed on my ICS MP5A4 and ran the wire through the handguard, then velcroed the pad on the right side of the lower receiver in the mag well area. It works great.
    Don't work on SD models.
    Over 150 positive sales & trades on this and other forums!

Comment

Ah okay. I'll try and find an ICS cap, if that fits, then it should also fit my CYMA. The pin for the spring for the charging handle may be a problem, but we shall see

Comment

The ics have the threaded bit on the gas tube (im not sure if other models have this). However i got the ics laser, and it came non working (which maybe wasn't their fault), but it also didnt fit in my ics mx5-pro which was a bit strange, so maybe something to be aware of. Also at £40 for the unit, its not exactly cheap, for what is essentially a pretty badly made looking product, i would imagine if you're pretty handy, you would be able to make yourself one, for not too much effort.

Comment

Hmmm food for though. Perhaps carving out space to put a laser in the existing gas tube cap might be a better way to go

Comment

I thought about this and am pretty bugged out that i didnt go that way. The screw caps are only a couple of dollars from HK websites, so it doesn't matter if it takes a couple of times to do it right. But you could drill through the bit in the middle so it still has a thread, run the laser inside it, with an outer tube on the back of it, and make some holes so you can adjust it via grub screw. You could probably run the wiring and batteries either in the cocking tube, or in the handguard.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Boo-Sabum Ben Instructor & Umpire with the International Taekwon-Do Federation Find out more about Boo-Sabum Ben
            Working...
            X