PEQ-16 Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PEQ-16 Questions

A few questions for those that have them.

Want to add one more item to the top rail of my MP7. Would like to have both a torch and laser on it, (just for bling with the laser.)

Would prefer the 16 box over the 15, as it looks a little better in my opinion.

Brands, which ones are any good? As in torch, and laser reach and brightness. The laser module moved around a lot in an ACM PEQ15 I had a while ago.

Also, with a PEQ16 on the top rail, in front of a clone EXPS-3 sight, does the box interfere with the line of sight through the glass?

Also, torch bulbs, are they interchangeable? Could I take the bulb/ led unit out of a sure fire clone and insert it into the PEQ?

Re: PEQ-16 Questions

Anyone?

Comment

Decided to go for one in the end. It looks the same height of not lower than the 15 anyway.

After purchasing I realised the pressure pad connector is not the same as the sure fire plugs. Does anyone make an adapter from a sure fire plug, to a laser jack type?

Comment

In case anyone else has the same questions...

With the sight and the PEQ on the same level, it doesn't interfere with the sight picture too much. The dial for the functions protrudes a little but not enough to cause major problems.

The torch is extremely good, better than my surefire scout clone, which is also by element, so worth it just as a torch upgrade.

The laser is very crisp, and reaches quite well. Daytime use is nil really, although shining in daylight into a dark area it's still visible.

It also has an IR function, but don't have the means to see if this works. There's one bulb that's not been used so far in my testing, so have no reason to believe it's fake.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Boo-Sabum Ben Instructor & Umpire with the International Taekwon-Do Federation Find out more about Boo-Sabum Ben
        Working...
        X