Range and accuracy advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Range and accuracy advice

Hi guys, I plan on getting a VFC Hk416 once my ukara comes through. I already know what accessories I'll be getting for the externals how I need some tips for the internals.

I already plan on replacing the stock barrel with a guarder one but what else should I be looking at to get as much range as possible and accuracy. I plan on using .25 bb's if that helps. The location I'll be skirmishing at is mostly open ground and bunkers (to which my pistol will do for there).

Budget wise I'd say I could comfortably say £150-£200 for any upgrades, not including the barrel as I've accounted for that already. So advice? prefer to get everything brought from and installed by zeroone so internal upgrades they'd sell.

Re: Range and accuracy advice

A good quality hop, set up properly.............. That's it.
    But don't assume the stock (fitted) hop isn't up to the job, it might be perfect.
    Morale is: if it ain't broke don't fix it.

Comment

I've no idea what the VFC hop on the 416 is like tbh any suggestions I should be looking out for.

Comment

Simple really, shoot it, if it shoots high, turn it down, if it drops, adjust it up........simples.
        In fact I wouldn't even bother buying/changing the barrel until you've had a chance to field the rifle, vfc is an excellent brand, chances are it will easily match everything else on the field anyway.
        If its brand new, you may not see its true potential until its had a few hi caps through it, allowing everything to loosen up & bed in.
        Temptation is always there to open up & squeeze a few more fps out of it........don't bother, save your money for extra mags/batts etc.

Comment

If you're set on changing stuff before you even skirmish the gun, you'll not know what to expect when you do change a load of stuff, and potentially risk wasting money on upgrades that won't make any difference. I'd get the gun first, and shoot it; Preferably at a game site so you can skirmish the gun THEN decide what needs changing. As above, you might find the gun is as accurate as you want it (this might be the case...VFC 416's are very nice).

I'm a big fan of upgrading stuff, but depending on the manufacturer, various components won't need changed to have a reasonably good rifle.

PS...If you really want super range out the box, ship it to a gun tech who does R-Hops and have one done to your nice barrel..saying that, I can't vouch for Guarder barrels, but lots of their other stuff is pretty good so meh...might be a nice barrel

Comment

Not after super range as you've put more just a step up from other rifles out there, I'll most likely just settle on a barrel replacement (looking at madbull now) I'll leave the rest til its been used. Another reason I'm keen to have it all pimped out is I never got around to upgrading my m4 years ago when I used to skirmish and I suffered horribly, so trying to avoid a repeat.

Comment

Alrighty then, If you're set on a barrel upgrade, just spend the extra few quid and get a Prometheus EG barrel. I say this on every barrel thread i've ever responded to...Madbull Python barrels really arn't that great. They're pretty good for a while, however they are made of a coated aluminium and when this coating wears off, you need a new barrel. As to how long this process takes depends totally on how much you use the gun.

If you go for a nice, hard steel barrel from the outset, you'll likely never need to replace it and they are more concentric than almost every barrel out there. That's the main reason aftermarket barrels improve the rifle's accuracy. They can be had for about £50 depending on the length. If you want to go all out, get a PDI barrel. They are rather expensive, but they are truely outstanding. The performance difference between the PDI and Prometheus is small; It just depends on how much you want to spend.

Comment

Important is barrel+chamber+bucking I would recommend KMhead barrels (dont buy Guarder barrel, it's wasting money)
                If I'm right, chamber is standart AR15, so ProWin would be good choice
                Systema's bucking do great job in my guns, so I recommend them

Comment

After sitting and thinking about everything you've said I'll hold off on the upgrades for now, I'll get the external furniture in phases and in time after a few skirmishes I'll look at the internals. I'm looking at a Laylex promtheus tbb, guarder sp100 spring and thats about it for now, i'll be back for more advice once the weapon has lost its skirmish cherry. Thanks for now peeps.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Working...
                  X