Re: Sten mkII to mkV conversion project

ooo very nice
    Revision Sawfly Tactical/Safety Glasses £15 Free shipping
    http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...-Free-shipping
    Feedback
    http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=128914

Comment

Both trigger housings now fully mounted to the receiver , at this point there is one of those design compromises , the tabs on the side of the trigger housing should be spot welded to the receiver tube but they must be screwed on in order to remove the gearbox ,I'm torn between using plain screws or countersinking them partially , the metal the tabs are made of is only 0.8mm thick so the screws wont fully countersink ,only about half way ,its a question ow witch looks worse ,I'm sure Chris will let me know how he feels .
      I had a bit of a nightmare aligning the holes , i made the mistake of measuring it all up on one gun but apparently AGM has a wide tolerance on accuracy because nothing fit when i assembled the other gun for fitting ,that a gobbled up a load of time sorting out but its done .I also found the micro switches did not fit so i had to order another pair ,hope they are better , its just one of those things i guess ,some days are just all setbacks .
      Anyway here's some teaser shots .

Comment

Today the return lip on the rear sight bands to retain the stock .

Comment

Fake trigger spindles welded in .

Comment

Fake fire selector pieces made and fitted .

The list of stuff to do is getting shorter :happydance: ,i need to make up a better fake bolt ,cut down and fit the genuine cocking handles , sort out the plugs on the stock interface,make space for the batterys in the stock ,fit trigger switches , fit a few locking grub screws for the barrel and shroud and finally slop some paint on and they are done .

Comment

Both now have fully functioning triggers :D ,this means that all that's left to do is bore out the stocks for battery space ,make fake bolts and fit the genuine cocking handles then slap on some paint , i tell you what holding them now they give you that belligerent feeling ,very purposeful and weighty compared to the mk2 . anyway here's some more pictures of the trigger system.
              I should add that after the pictures were taken all bare wiring was coated in liquid electrical tape ,its a paint on insulation and good where funny angles mean heat shrink is hard to use .

Last edited by dadio; 6 September, 2015, 13:31.

Comment

The first stock got bored out today ,that was nervous ,those stock's are like hens teeth to find and not cheap either ,there's space for a standard 8.4v mini nicad or 7.2v lipo ,these may seem like tame options but remember these are for a pair of serious ww2 airsofters to be used in games where there will be 200 to 300 rounds per life ammo limits on average so 35rps would be a huge disadvantage and a more real steel ROF would be better .

Comment

Both stocks finished .
                  Fake bolts made ,complete with fake spring and ejector details .

Comment

That's one done , now it needs a good 24 hours to cure .

Comment

Bravo chap, splendid work as usual.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

dadio Find out more about dadio
                      Working...
                      X