Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TM M4 Pro Line Recoil Shock conversion

Hi guys

I just bought a TM M4 Pro Line with recoil shock from the zero one showroom, and I wanted to know if there was any way of converting this to a M16. It seems the M16 barrel I have doesn't fit (it is a G&G barrel) as it doesn't have a grove cut in the bottom to slide onto the nib that sticks out of the bottom of the top receiver. Any ideas on what I can use?

Thanks

Re: TM M4 Pro Line Recoil Shock conversion

Afraid not a lot of chance of building a full M16 mate . You'll have to by a TM recoil specific barrel for starters , plus there's no solid stock available for it , you'd have to make your own , there are a few out there in the wonderful world of DIY guns but it's not an easy task by any stretch of the imagination !
    From deepest darkest pagan Wales ! The steel wolves !

Comment

Twas easy enough!

You need a specific barrel or a dremel.
      Dytac make the correct barrels I do believe.

The stock is a case of take some material away, try it. Take some away, try it. And so on.

-TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
      -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

Yup Dytac make barrels in a range of lengths for the recoils. Here's the correct one http://www.dytac.hk/index.php?route=...product_id=599

Comment

Another thought I had is fitting a barrel extension that screws onto the end, I did see them at one point. Although I was planning to fit a free float barrel.

Comment

I had idea, not sure if it will work though. I was thinking of buying the 16 inch version so I can keep my existing iron sights, and then fit a 4" barrel extension, found one on **** ******* its a KBT 4inch barrel extension IB10mm, do you guys think this will work?

Comment

Thanks for the advice guys, I'm going for my own version of the recce rifle with the Dytac 16" mid length barrel. Which ris rail would you recommend (I want to keep the standard iron sights)

Comment

Almost anything. So long as the Dytac barrel has the sight post pin cutouts on it.

Comment

Yes it does, that was one of the main problem with the 20" barrel along with the integrated flash hider that looked strange. I assume I need a battery box for the rail.

Comment

I've decided to go with a dytac 16" barrel with a VLT gas block so I can use the Madbull DD MK18 rail (planning to attach a M203 at some point so it will come in handy. Now declaring this thread closed, thanks for your help.

Comment

One last thing. You'll likely need to shim the barrel with the DD Rail. I had to shim mine a LOT.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

TrainsCDG Find out more about TrainsCDG
                      Working...
                      X