Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radio Problem

Hello all.

got a bit of a problem with the PMRs i own at the moment. if i transmit from on handset to the other the transmission is recieved on the same channel. IE if i transmit on channel 2, the other handset recieves on channel 2.

however, when i go to "reply" from the second handset, the transmission does go but it transmits on the frequency for channel 1 instead of 2.

going from set a to b is ok, channel 1 is recieved on channel 1, 2 on 2, 3 on 3 etc.

going from b to a, channel 2 is on 1, 3 on 2, 4 on 3.

rather strange and its got me kinda confused so if anyone has any ideas before i go through the fun of having to explain that all to take the things back.

thanks !

Re: Radio Problem

sounds like it is set-up so that you can talk on one channel whilst receiving on another, is this a programmable radio?

Comment

Re: Radio Problem

hiya.

the current setup i have is with both radios set to a single channel. ive check that the dual channel monitor part is disabled.

ive tried setting the radios to both to channel 2. the settings on each are identical. the first radio can transmit ok to the second which recieves on the same channel, however when i reverse this and use the second one to transmit, the first radio can not recieve it on the same channel. if i change the channel on radio a to channel 1, it can recieve, but i cannot then send anything back to the other radio.

i have a feeling that the transmission part of the second radio might have packed up or something, as each channel seems to be sending on the wrong frequency

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Swift Find out more about Swift
      Working...
      X