Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AGM M500 (Short Version)

Hello,

I have just purchased second hand an AGM M500 (pistol grip version), and I have to say am impressed! I paid £35.00 (included shipping) for it (second-hand, but it was used for photography, never skirmished), and you get some bang for your buck! Fantastic Toy, lol!

Anyway.. Part metal, part ABS which is fine. Feels very solid like a Marui cross construction all the way, EXCEPT, for the cocking mechanism.

By this I mean the actual cocking handle (pump action), and also the 'loading arms' as in the rod that draws back when being pumped.

I have read the loading arms are easily sorted with;

http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/******...l?prodID=19808

Which is great. But the cocking handle itself is appalling lol, the worst looking plastic and also rattles a bit. Hey, it's one of the cheapest airsoft guns going I'm not b*tching too hard, I just want to do something about it.

I read somewhere to use real steel parts (as in wooden/metal pump handle furniture), I would appreciate if anyone had any guidance on this matter?

Many thanks!
    sigpic

Re: AGM M500 (Short Version)

Is it the metal forearm tube that rattles against the magazine tube? It rattles on a real Mossberg 500 too, so probably best to get the airsoft steel charging arms and a real wood/plastic forearm. The Hogue rubberised ones are great.

If you do buy a real forearm make sure it's the right length. Mossberg have two different lengths of forearm tube that the wood/plastic forearm slides over - 6 3/4" and 7 3/4". Dunno what the airsoft one is but best to check to save disappointment.

Comment

when you say magazine tube, you mean the metal tube below the actual barrel for which the pump action occurs? In which case yes, it's just loose plastic wobbly against metal so not a very attractive sound. I think steel charging arms are a must, and no doubt at some point in the not too far financially better future, these parts will fit straight onto the gas version. Having had a look hogue seems the way forward, many thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by u0933146 View Post
      when you say magazine tube, you mean the metal tube below the actual barrel for which the pump action occurs? In which case yes, it's just loose plastic wobbly against metal so not a very attractive sound. I think steel charging arms are a must, and no doubt at some point in the not too far financially better future, these parts will fit straight onto the gas version. Having had a look hogue seems the way forward, many thanks!
      http://www.brownells.com/shotgun-parts/stock-forend-parts/pistol-grips/remington-mossberg-tamer-pistol-grip-forend-prod22745.aspx

I think the above is the best value parts I have found, based on your advice. The stock forend supplied (on a £30 toy to be fair!) is so ridiculous, I think this will be a drastic affordable improvement.
      sigpic

Comment

Yes I mean the tube below the barrel. On a real one there's a good 1mm or so of play. You can hear it rattle a mile off!

When you say it's plastic against metal, does the airsoft 500 have this kind of tube (linked below) which the forearm slides over to attach, or is the forearm a single lump of plastic which the charging arms attach to? If it's the latter then the Hogue one won't work, sadly. I'm sure I've seen ACM 500's with real forends though!

http://www.jsesurplus.com/images/pro...ail/PM1941.jpg

Comment

Sigh.. regrettably I believe it is the latter. I am not currently at home, but I did order and pay for this morning the following..

http://www.brownells.co.uk/REMINGTON...OL-GRIP-FOREND

..in the naieve assumption that it would be fine.

Also bought deep fire charging handle for m500, but am quite confident they are compatible.

If I have made a massive bummer on the first purchase and your sure, please do let me know so I can see if I can cancel the order?

It is 100% agm m500 pistol grip version, and although not certain, am quite sure the forend plastic pump simply sits on a solid metal tube, with the guide rail arms attached between pistol grip and pump.. cheers mate, Nathan
          sigpic

Comment

Just looked at a parts diagram for the 500 and you should be fine. It comes apart like the real one.

I was just a bit worried when you said it was plastic and had flashbacks trying to fit forearms to Maruzen shotguns which had their own silly system to attach.

Comment

My friend, relief!!

Lol. Began to have terrible images of attempting to rerun a product for which I would have no use for yet wanted!

In the worst case scenario, I shall send shotgun and parts to zero one or someone to pay them to fit it etc.. but hopefully with the correct youtube tutorials should be able to manage it?

If I get stuck (parts here by the end of the week?), please may I link you a youtube link for my futile efforts and current status for any advice on installation you may have?

many thanks in advance mate,

Nathan
              sigpic

Comment

Yep no worries. I can fit it for you if you get stuck, or walk you through it

Comment

Thank you mate, I shall respond to you when the parts arrive. Deep fire charging handle from USA in 5-10 working days, other parts from UK in 5 working days, so get back to you in about a week. Many thanks dude

Nathan
                  sigpic

Comment

Just a heads up for anyone else who viewed this, this does not work =/
                    I have the cheap springer version, and thought that for £50 I could make it into something a bit more solid etc..
                    Hogue parts, replacement charging handle.. Aint gonna work.
                    This is a cheap Chinese model, not meant to be taken apart (it will break if you try to split it down the middle after a certain point form where it has been molded)..

I do not want to feel entirely defeated by this experience, so if anyone has any knowledge as to whether these parts will fit the GAS ACM M500 or any other models, please let me know, as I am now holding off on my MARUI AEG until I get these parts to be worth the money that was paid for them!!

Many thanks in advance =D

Nathan
                    sigpic

Comment

Yikes, I didn't realise it was a springer! Searches for AGM M500 disassembly show the gas version, which your charging arms/furniture will fit.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

u0933146 Find out more about u0933146
                      Working...
                      X