Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MAG Sig552 Magaizine Mods

Hi guys,

I've been looking for some lower cap mags for my ICS 552. I've seen the MAG Sig mags, but they can't be used on ICS versions of the 552. now I've found a clip on Youtube of some mods to make them fit and work.

https://youtu.be/FbqrJu3spGs

Just wondering if anyone else has tried modding the mags, did you have any luck?

any advice before i get some to try would be appreciated.

Jolli

Re: MAG Sig552 Magaizine Mods

Mags have turned up so we'll see how well these mods go...

Comment

The easiest mod is to remove the plug from the bottom and space the spring, maybe the equivalently of 10 rds. I did this for my MAG sig mags which dropped the capacity to ~85rds but enabled it to feed well at just over 40rps. Asides from dirt, the biggest cause of mid caps failing is that the 2 halves start to split apart which means that the double stack configuration widens and starts to push harder against the walls.
      dsgdreamteam

Comment

I'll have to keep that in mind, cheers for the heads up.

I worked on mine over the weekend with a file and got them both to fit & fire in my ICS Sig, one took a little more work then the other and but they both work so will be giving them a proper run through on Thursday down Southcoast CQB.

I'll get some pics up of the finished mags in case any one else wants to give it a go.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

jolli Jolli AKA Cueball Find out more about jolli
        Working...
        X