MP5 Rifle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MP5 Rifle

Hi just wondering if you can turn a MP5 into a rifle, as in can you get a longer outer barrel for it and a bigger stock?

Would G3/MC51/hk33 etc parts fit on a mp5?

And im looking at the Laylax HK94 Outer barrel for the mp5 but how would that fit? And is it longer than a stock mp5 barrel.

Thanks
    sigpic
    Magpul CTR Stock + MOE PTS Handguard PM Me

Re: MP5 Rifle

Ok i now know that the bigger version is the HK94, but Z1 is out of stock of the HK94 barrels and they are expensive anyway.

So do you think i could get any sort or barrel exstension with a 14mm thread and just screw it on? I mean it would look the same right?
    sigpic

Comment

Sorry for posting again merge.

Iv heard that if i have, say a Systema 6.04mm BS Precision Barrel (510mm) i will need to change my Cylinder, but what to and why? and what spring should i use?

And would it be best to change my Ally piston head to a Silent one?

Thanks
      Last edited by fellowz23; 10 May, 2010, 01:36.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by fellowz23 View Post
        Sorry for posting again merge.

Iv heard that if i have, say a Systema 6.04mm BS Precision Barrel (510mm) i will need to change my Cylinder, but what to and why? and what spring should i use?

And would it be best to change my Ally piston head to a Silent one?

Thanks
        You will need to change the 3/4 ported cylinder to an unported V2 cylinder, this will match the barrel length, basically the unported cylinder allows the BB to be pushed all the way down the barrel, you'd probably find it doesn't have enough umph with a 3/4 ported at 510mm.

Spring depends on your site limits, M100 will give about 350fps +-10% and 1J will give 328fps, I doubt you will want anything else.

I toyed with the idea of making an HK94 myself but ask yourself why you are doing that.

An MP5 is a SMG, designed for maneuverability and adding a long barrel will make it unwieldy as it is not a bull-pup rifle. If you are going for the uniqueness look then that's fine, but bear in mind having an air soft version of a 9mm "marksman rifle" will probably get you quite a few giggles.

If you want to make it a proper DMR, you will need to get it to sniper rifle speeds 400fps, but that will require a stronger gearbox and internals... (Reinforced gears, stronger spring, torquey motor and new hop up rubber)
        "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake." - Napolean

Comment

The scope (and laser on the rear side) got taken off, but the bipod made this thing silly effective.

It's the MP5A4 from my sig, TM one, with a G36C barrel inside (hence the silencer, a bit pokes out the end without it.

Don't worry about things potentially looking odd, remember we're firing 6mm bits of plastic at each other, not real bullets. I say this because yes, someone asked me why I had a bipod on a 9mm SMG.
          Altus Volo Mugio Extraho

Comment

Iv been thinking and thought about a silencer but dont realy like them, so iv been looking at barrel extension's with a 14mm thread so they can be screwed on.

Im not sure if these all have a 14mm thread but which do you think will look the best.

I think the middle thing can be removed cant it?

And the HK94 one.

Or a M4 one?

If anybody has anything like this pm me

Thanks
            sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

fellowz23 Find out more about fellowz23
            Working...
            X