Magpul UBR Stock won't Fit....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Magpul UBR Stock won't Fit....

Anyone know how to get a Magpul UBR to fit? I'm using the issue Magpul screw and it bites too early into the gearbox, leaving the buffer tube loose. Same thing happens when I use the longer screw I originally had.

When tightened, there's about an inch of play which is obviously no good.

Fitting to an HK416... standard M4 style fit I guess.

In a nutshell it looks like the extension that comes out of the receiver is too long.

Am I doing something wrong?

Re: Magpul UBR Stock won't Fit....

i had to fit some mod stock to an ics today and found the standard bolt was to long for the isc stock tube dodar i had to use a smaller nut i had in the bits box , i know 1 chap that has fitted UBR's before and thats skippy of this and other forums try and give him a pm ?
    Please do not advertise on this forum

Comment

Cheers.

I don't think the screw length is the issue though. The place where the disc sits in the tube is too far towards the receiver - i.e. about half the depth of the extension that comes out of the receiver (and into the tube).

What happens is that the extension sits two inches or so into the tube and the securing disc tightens against a part of the tube which is only about half an inch into the tube; meaning that it tightens - but it wont tighten the tube against the receiver.

Difficult to describe...

Comment

any chance of a simple photo ( no need for your sexy type of photos :P ) just of the parts involved and such
        Please do not advertise on this forum

Comment

The link in the PM you sent suggests that I've been sent the GBB version so there's no 'fitting extension'.... gah! How annoying.

Comment

Ok, an update. The Magpul PTS AEG version UBR is designed to be used on a stock tube post of no more than 19mm; so in effect, one that's been cut down from the standard length.

The retailer who sent it told me that new AEGs are beginning to come into stock with this much shorter stock post as standard (for easier Li-Po fitting reasons). This kinda makes sense.

I've cut down the stock post, it now fits - and all is well in the world.

Comment

I know this is digging up an old thread, but I didnt want to start a new one.

How do you seperate the 2 halves of the UBR stock?

I've cut down my receivers stock extension bit, but can't work out how to seperate the 2 halves of the stock, and therefore cant screw it into the gearbox...

CK

I will be at the NAE 27th-30th August and replies to messages may be slow, bear with me!

Comment

Slide all the way back whilst holding in the "PRESET" Button until you can get as far as you can, then press the other side "REMOVE" Button whilst sliding back, should come straight off.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Panoptes Gunnoisseur [n] pron: ['gun-uh-sur', -soor'] [Purveyor of fine taste in firearms]. Find out more about Panoptes
                Working...
                X