has anyone else got green balls?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• has anyone else got green balls?

right, now i have your attention, i'm talking g&g green color bb's (.2g)

cronoing a sniper rifle, i've found that if i shoot using white (G@G) bb's (.2g) i get about 460 fps if i then shoot using green (G&G) bb's (.2g) im geting about 560 fps - has anyone had a simular thing happen?

just off of the top of my head, i think it's eather
    1) my crono is broken (or racist)
    2) the darker bb's dont get seen as well as the white ones and therefore a false reading is given
    3) the bb's are actuly moving faster than the white ones
    4) the green ones are a lot lighter than the white ones

ive taken 10 bb's of each and put them on a scale green 10x green bb's = 1.9g 10x white = 2.1g (which is anoying considering they are the same make)... but i'm not convinced that efectivly a 0.02g differance can = 100fps (although i don't have the maths at hand to disprove this)

Re: has anyone else got green balls?

It might not be the weight ,it could be size or surface texture ,you need to use a micrometer to measure them but if they are nearer 6mm they get a better pressure capture than a 5.9mm one where some pressure will blow by and reduce fps ,an oversize BB will cause friction in the barrel again slowing it down.
    Its not likely to be a crono issue as most operate on a beam break sensor system so any object that's not entirely transparent will break the beam.

Comment

Re: has anyone else got green balls?

ive checked the size of the bb's, both are 5.9mm (when i twist them about, there is no 5.8mm readings that ive seen with some bb's).
      the green bb's look more reflective than the white ones, but that could just be that the green ones contrast the specular highlights better than the white ones).

in another gun (an AEG) there is about 20fps difference white = 326ish green = 346ish.

i take it that i'm the only one that this has happend to.

i suppose i could work out the fps with .4g bb's (as that what i'll be using in play) and work backwards to convert it to .2g figures before i take it to a game and have them crono it using there own bb's.

it's just weird, thats all.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

wardivich been playing for a long time Find out more about wardivich
      Working...
      X