STAR AW338 Mod Ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• STAR AW338 Mod Ideas

Hi there guys (and girls), I wanted to know if any of you had any ideas or already have tried some modifications.

I did just (probably a stupid idea) take the flash hider and the flash hider end off, I noticed that it is a 16mm thread.

Is there a 16mm to 14mm thread adapter available out there?

Your help is appreciated.

AO/OM Handle - VAMP

Re: STAR AW338 Mod Ideas

Fairly sure there is. Possibly the laylax one for the TM MK23. That's a negative thread to start with.
    I've seen someone do a AW50 mod to an l96 before. Looked accurate enough.
    sigpic
    Tanaka M700 RealSword SVD TM VSR
    I want your broken Tanaka shotguns!

Comment

I did see the "CAW 14mm ACW Thread Adaptor for Type 96" on Zero one, I just don't want to pay £15 for the wrong thing, I'd rather get it right the first time if you know what I mean.

I basically want to see if I can whack a nice silencer on the end

AO/OM Handle - VAMP

Comment

Phone them. They're lonely guys, would appreciate some attention :P

In all seriousness, they're generally pretty helpful, shouldn't take too long for them to give you a definite answer.
        sigpic
        Tanaka M700 RealSword SVD TM VSR
        I want your broken Tanaka shotguns!

Comment

Im prety sure it is the wrong thing. Its the Maruzen type 96 adaptor... it screws into the end of the barrel. Ive not looked at my AW, but im prety sure you are after something that screws on, rather than in... But yeh... the type 96 adaptor is very unlikely to be what you want. An alternative would be what im considering... which is buying a lump of metal, and a 16mm tap and die set... and putting a 16mm thread in it, and a 14mm thread on the outside... Which could prove awkward :p... But its a matter of tools If I do get on ok with that, Ill pm you.

Comment

Hmm sounds cool, if you do manage to get it done let me know, you might even have a market for it hehe

AO/OM Handle - VAMP

Comment

Tbh mate, the AW338 looks damn fine without any mods
              And i've never seen any real snipers using the AW338 with a silencer..

Comment

I actually agree with G ...

But that isnt going to stop me having a go at making a thread adaptor all the same... Its good practice at using the machines if nothing esle.

Comment

Yeah I know, just wanted to know really as I keep getting people asking me too much what I am going to do to improve it -_- lol.

AO/OM Handle - VAMP

Comment

Originally posted by G View Post
                    i've never seen any real snipers using the AW338 with a silencer..
                    So,was that when you were with the SAS on black-ops,or just pictures on the net??
                    Wipe them out.All of them.

Comment

the star aw-338 is by far the best looking sniper rifle available for airsoft, it requires no external mods in my opinion
                      Originally posted by fijitstiks
                      they are a waste of time dont know why the british army still has them
                      Originally posted by N3ADS
                      Is this you talking from experience ?..
                      Originally posted by fijitstiks
                      i was at cadets for 3 years

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Shinotama Human, Mil-Sim Airsofter Find out more about Shinotama
                      Working...
                      X