Madbull Life-po discharge help.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Madbull Life-po discharge help.

I have got a Madbull Life-po battery in my MC-51. It works fantastic, but I was wondering what to do about discharging the battery? Do I just leave it and just top up charge or do I discharge it till its nearly flat?

Ive read that you should never discharge a li-po completely as this can cause the battery cells damage.

Is it a simple case of attach a small light bulb or some other form of discharge system?
    TM MC-51 (Full Systema Energy gearbox and all the other internal fo shizzal)
    Star AW-338 Sniper Rifle
    Maruzen APS Type 96
    TM P226, Tac Master .
    WE SCAR + VFC UGL
    KSC GBB MP7, KSC USP .45 XM survive

Re: Madbull Life-po discharge help.

You don't need to discharge them.

As soon as you feel the battery is giving up (easy to see in full auto) change it for a fresh one. You can store the used one as it is (with some charge left) until you need to recharge it.

Comment

LiPos should not really be discharged less than 3V per cell - you can go lower but you risk permanently damaging the cells.

The problem you may find with a mis-matched pack is that one cell may discharge faster than the rest causing it to go below 3V.

Radio-controlled model cars/ boats/ plane have electronic speed controllers that will not allow discharge below 3V per cell - airsoft guns don't have this safety feature - as LiPos 'dump' very quicky you should stop using them when yo noticed a marked drop off in performance.

You should also charge them using a balancer if your charger doesn't have one built in - this will make sure that all the cells in the pack have the same voltage under full charge, which will reduce the risk of damaging a cell.

There's lots of advice on r/c model forums re discharging and charging LiPos

Hope this helps.

Comment

Cheers for the help guys. The madbull charger I belive has a balancer so that helps.
        TM MC-51 (Full Systema Energy gearbox and all the other internal fo shizzal)
        Star AW-338 Sniper Rifle
        Maruzen APS Type 96
        TM P226, Tac Master .
        WE SCAR + VFC UGL
        KSC GBB MP7, KSC USP .45 XM survive

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Prev Find out more about Prev
        Working...
        X