Resident Evil 5 Hydra

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resident Evil 5 Hydra

Im really wanting to make a replica of the hydra (sawed off triple barrel shotgun) from RE5

but i have no idea how to do it. I cant even find a similar looking style of shotgun to use as a base. The closest i can find to the look is the 'mad max' HS http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h4...7/P1000958.jpg I can only find this gun on one UK site and its like £160 and would still need some modding to somehow add a 3rd barrel to make the hydra. Basically im wondering if anyone has any ideas on what i could use to make this, as cheaply as possible. Even a cheap plastic toy sawed off shotgun would do but problem is i cant find them here anymore with the VCRA law you cant buy toy guns like you used to be able to. I've seen someone on deviant art did a Wesker cosplay and has a hydra, i asked how he made it but doesnt reply. Shows it can be done, i just dont know how to go about doing it
    TM M92F Samurai Edge Wesker Custom | Samurai Edge Std. Model| Barry Burton Samurai Edge| TM Ashford Gold Lugers | 1998 Biohazard 2 Leon 6"/10" Desert Eagle | Tanaka Works 6" Umbrella Revolver

sigpic

Re: Resident Evil 5 Hydra

three pipes big enough for mini moscart shells. Break action similar to an M79, and some wood working/ basic engineering skill should work.

Comment

would go with the same as above, and steal the trigger mech from another gun, are you looking for them all to go off at once, or individualy?

Comment

now that is an intresting project , a trip to your local gunsmiths might be on the cards as they might have broken stocks/foregrips from real shotguns and they might be able to help you with some sort of build
        Please do not advertise on this forum

Comment

Sounds like it wont be easy then. Unfortunately i have no skill at all in engineering type stuff to build parts myself. I had thought of using black pipes/tubing for the 3 barrels but was stuck on how to make the rest of the gun. It doesnt even have to fire as a gun, im just wanting it as a prop really. Being able to use it would be a bonus though. If it was to fire i'd probably make all 3 fire at once which i would expect would be easier to do than make each individually fire. Not sure there is any gun shops around or even near here. Theres one tiny shop in town but i highly doubt they'd have stuff like this

Unless i make it a commission type project for if anyone here has any parts i could use or could get them to build into this for me. As long as it wouldnt be hugely expensive i wouldnt mind paying someone to make something like this for me. Looks too complicated to me. Even using the Mad Max shotgun which looks similar other than the barrels it would practically need completely rebuilt to somehow accommodate the 3rd barrel and probably wouldnt even work. If i knew how i'd build the parts myself from either plastic or metal and wood but i lack those skills

I'll look into whether we even have any gun shops around here, theres only that one tiny place that i know of and it mainly sells fishing stuff from what i've seen through the window. Thanks for the suggestions, will see if anything can be done to create this
          TM M92F Samurai Edge Wesker Custom | Samurai Edge Std. Model| Barry Burton Samurai Edge| TM Ashford Gold Lugers | 1998 Biohazard 2 Leon 6"/10" Desert Eagle | Tanaka Works 6" Umbrella Revolver

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by WeskerAlbert View Post
            nfortunately i have no skill at all in engineering type stuff to build parts myself.
            So why are you even considering building this?

Comment

ok then, cut out some foam rubber, paint it brown, and tape three pvc tubes to the top. job done.

Comment

Because i want it. If i can find the right parts then maybe i could put it together but i cant actually build stuff myself, i hoped it wouldnt be that complicated to do where i would have to. If its going to be too difficult then i will give up on the idea, just hoped someone here might have some ideas or stuff i could use for it. Might be able to throw something together but i cant build from scratch myself unless someone else wanted to do it for me

Foam rubber might actually do since i dont know how to make it using other materials. I could give it a try, i hadnt thought of that. Would be great to have this that i can actually use but i think that would be more work than it was worth for my purposes. Any other ideas though throw them up here. Thanks

sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

WeskerAlbert Find out more about WeskerAlbert
                Working...
                X