Custom gun material

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom gun material

Suppose that one day i actually get the time and money to make myself the pistol i want to, i'd have to make the hold body myself most likely.

My question is: what would be the best material and what tools would i need to work with it?

and this had got to withstand a blowback pistol's punch, so it has to be fairly durable.

Any ideas are most welcome
    Thanks
    Akillan
    guns... guns and bikes.... actually anything that goes bang really!

Re: Custom gun material

Well ive not had any experience with this but plastic would be ok i suppose, as marui gBB pistols are plastic.

I think if you were gonna make it out of metal, a CNC machine would be a good choice, but get the internals you want to use first and do some designing based on the size of the internals and where they would go, some research on blowback pistols would be the first step i think...

good luck.

G&P M4A1 Mariiiiine

Comment

ok thanks, i'll have to see if i can find myself a CNC machine and someone who can use it :P

Thanks for the advice, any more is always welcome.
      Akillan

Comment

use some sort of composite alloy....strong but light =]
        i was thinking of custom machining my own gears at one point,

the problem will not be the material mate, it takes a lot of skill and is a very ambitious and expensive project to embark upon without extensive prior knowledge of both metal work and GBB's in general...

all i am saying is that i would find someone that can reverse engineer a TM GBB that you like, but make it out of your own material. Otherwise there is too much to go wrong
        TK Airsoft- Take one "from" the team

Agent 99: Inside your belt buckle, there is a pill, if taken it will cause death in 9 seconds...
        Maxell Smart: Great, but how exactly do i get them to take it?

Comment

tom,
          get the inturnals out of a beretta or something and make your own body out of some lazer cut stuff in school,
          peace up ace down

Comment

Cheers for the advice both of you.

Yeah i could try that. and you could show me the cutting stuff at school nat :P

Comment

sounds like you have the gear you need =]

i would just say, GET MARUI INTERNALS and then build a body around it,
              it will need a lot of work to get the internals to fit, but you could make a frame to hold internals, and then slip that in and out of several custom bodies....that would be cool!!!

basically, create a bracket to hold all internals, and then make several weapons to hold the frame
              TK Airsoft- Take one "from" the team

Agent 99: Inside your belt buckle, there is a pill, if taken it will cause death in 9 seconds...
              Maxell Smart: Great, but how exactly do i get them to take it?

Comment

sounds like an awesome idea!

Like i said; long term project. I need to pay off current debts first =P

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Akillan Find out more about Akillan
                Working...
                X