JG Gear Box Reliabilty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JG Gear Box Reliabilty

What is the main thing you can do to a JG or similar gearbox to make it more reliable without spending alot of money?

Just though this question might help alot of people who own JG's or the like

cheers
    Chris :D

Re: Reliabilty

TBH your not really going to get it alot more reliable than leaving it alone, ive found ive had problems with guns ive opened alot quicker than those i havnt
    G&G TR15 Raider XL, CA G36K, G&G MP5A4, Cyma Thompson, APS AKS-74U, Custom TM Uzi, DE M56, WE Nighthawk X2, Cyma Glock 18C
    RD Customs MG42, The Bone Cannon And Project Balderdash.

If you aren't laughing, you're doing it wrong.

Comment

if its got nylon bushings you can change to metal,degrease it and replace with a better quality, change the wiring for something with less resistance,add deans connectors, further afield change the battery, replace the hop add a tighter barrel
      or leave it alone
      VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
      trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

Re: JG Gear Box Reliabilty

JG gearbox's are great, yes they are abit louder but, ive had 2 JG m4's run them both on 10.8v batterys and in total theyve done about a weeks worth of constant playing each and not one problem with them, stupid ROF and the hop up isnt too bad, make sure the barrel is clean, im putting a tightbore in mine but other then that its staying as is. They come with metal bearings as opposed to dboys that has plastic bearings, i also opened mine up, degreased and reshimmed and performs better then a TM.
        my 2p

Comment

are you sure a 10.8v battery is a good idea in a stock jg gearbox? (crazy man)

I know the performance is better than a tm - im adding a systema tightbore systema hop rubber and using systema high polished bbs

Im just wondering now that my gun is performing twice as good as a tm gun, i would like to keep it that way (reliability)

i have opened a tm gearbox and a jg gearbox and they both have the exact same stuff in it - so what makes the tm more reliable that i can add to my JG G3 SG1

cheers
          chris

Comment

Indeed, a 10.8v battery will destroy any stock gearbox....

Comment

you can run a tm p90 on a 10v battery from standard, search the internet for results. And yes it was deffinatley a 10.8v battery (vapex from comp shop), tuned my main m4 down abit now, running a 9.6v crane stock with G&P 120 motor, new gears and piston soon, just gonna see how long it lasts stock first.

Comment

Originally posted by callofduty View Post

i have opened a tm gearbox and a jg gearbox and they both have the exact same stuff in it - so what makes the tm more reliable that i can add to my JG G3 SG1

cheers
                chris
                if the TM has been made in japan, their production methods are second to none, its all about kaisen TQM or total control managment which is basically the ability to manufacture parts or produce services with the least amount of wastage ie lean production through manufacturing of the highest quality, starting from the raw materials to the finished product...in westen society we used to build things with tolorances measured in thousands of an inch,in japan its measured in microns, our quality controls and (maybe korea/taiwan)are done at the end of production, where as they (japanese)have on going measures to reduce the amounts of defects throughout the productions entire lifecycle
                But im not sure if this applies to toys
                VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
                trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

Originally posted by sparrowhawk View Post
                  if its got nylon bushings you can change to metal,degrease it and replace with a better quality, change the wiring for something with less resistance,add deans connectors, further afield change the battery, replace the hop add a tighter barrel
                  or leave it alone
                  I did exactly this to both of my G36s and they run like a dream
                  WTB: TM HI-CAPA 5.1! CASH WAITING! PM ME!

Comment

Had a JG M733 for 2 years....gear box ran perfect untill 5 days again when the gears froze. Im not an expert but id say if you are going to leave it at 8.4v just get the gears re-shimed and it should be fine.
                    Loken

Dorsetshire Muppet Brigade
                    This is a new generation of muppet's. We r faster...stronger...and more tactical than before!

"Dont trust airsofters" - H

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

callofduty Sales man of the year 09 Find out more about callofduty
                    Working...
                    X