SCAR L: project obsideon!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SCAR L: project obsideon!

Im going to be starting a new project with an old JLS Scar L shell, I will need a new GB for it as I bought it off of here mainly for the forsight (as mines broken) but for 25 quid Im getting basically the whole shell minus the GB and possibly inner barrel.
    Im going to call my project Project Obsideon! Why I dont know it just sounded cool.
    I dont have a clue what I wanna do yet I was thinking may be a Scar based Patriot but Im open to ideas really on this. So hints would be cool if the Patriot style thing doesnt strike people as a good idea.
    Im just after something quite differant and possibly unique. Any ideas would be great, multiple ideas even better as I might be able to combine together.
    Thanks. Sean.
    section 24 of the 1968 Act
    Supplying imitation firearms to minors
    1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
    2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Re: SCAR L: project obsideon!

you should try doing a kind of think i did, put parts from other guns onto the scar

Comment

Bump, any more ideas?
      Im still perched on the Scar Patriot at the moment.
      1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
      2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

i dont no scars that well but is there any way of making it smaller length ways
        and seeing if you could mod the magwell to take 9mm mags same size as uzi mags
        there is a conversion kit for m4's on the market
        just an idea

Comment

In part of doing a patriot, I was gonna take the stock off and make a blank for the back end and find a way of getting a really short barrel on so when I fit a fire pig it literally sits on or near the front of the upper reciever, Ill check out the 9mm conversion, the scars lower recieiver is slightly differant to an M4 though.

Comment

Have you ever seen a SCAR PDW? I think it got left at the concept stage, but essentially, it uses an upper receiver that is shortened at the front, (which should be possible with the CA style SCAR L) and a sliding stock, a la FN 249 para or MP5, which might be possible. Also use short VN or SPR style mags for ultra compactness...

Comment

Not sure if I can get in trouble for posting links to other forums, so mods please delete if it breaches anything!

Someone on Airsoft Canada has done something similar with a JLS SCAR here:

http://www.airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=89296

Comment

My word, it looks like the JLS SCAR is even worse than the DBoys...

Comment

Lucky I only really bought it for the flip up bit of the sight really.

Do you mean this one BEN?
                  Last edited by seansamurai1; 12 August, 2010, 16:45.

Comment

Originally posted by seansamurai1 View Post
                    Lucky I only really bought it for the flip up bit of the sight really.

Do you mean this one BEN?
                    Nope, smaller... I'll post a pic in about an hour when i get home...

Comment

Cool, I cant find it anywhere.

Comment

Sorry, I completely crashed out when I got home from work and it slipped my mind. I've not found anything online and all I have seen is the concept drawing in a French MMilitary magazine...

Bear with me and I'll post a pic...

Comment

No worries mate, thanks for the effort, was the mag called soldier of surrender by any chance? :p:D

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

seansamurai1 Over the 30 mark but not over the hill yet!!! Find out more about seansamurai1
                          Working...
                          X