MOSFETs? which one?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MOSFETs? which one?

right im looking for a MOSFET but i dont know which one to get?
    theres loads of different ones that i dont know about.
    its gonna go in a v2 m4 gearbox and will be rear wired.
    can someone please pm me a link with where i can purchase one or tell me what i should get.
    would appreciate the replys
    thanks

Re: MOSFETs? which one?

Hi sniperiain
    It depends on what you want from a mosfet and how much you want to pay!
    I am very tempted by the Extreme Fire, Evolution mosfet, an airsoft tech friend swears by them!

It has selective fire options including a clever 3 shot burst that if decide you want to go full auto you squeeze and hold the trigger which first fires the 3 shot burst but by keeping the trigger pressed for more than a second or so after the burst it automaticly switches to full auto, reverting back to 3 shot burst again after you let go of the the trigger.
    Soft start to save gear strain.
    Low battery warning.
    Plus many other benifits and all for about $80
    Have a look at Extreme Fires website, it has lots of info and will show you whats available and what sort of things you should be looking for in a mosfet

Another thing to think about if you are going to fit one is the routing through the gearbox for the extra wiring needed for the mosfet.
    When fitting my mosfet i tracked the thin extra cable from the trigger switch to the mosfet beside where the original battery to trigger switch cable runs through the gearbox thinking it was too thin to cause a problem... wrong!
    Where the wiring passes through the bottom of the gearbox it runs close to the motor spindle, or in my case too close!
    My battery cable had its insulation rubbed through by the spindle, shorted out on it and killed my motor... dammit!

Good luck with your upgrade chap
    Al

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

sniperiain Find out more about sniperiain
    Working...
    X