M14 mag teardown?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M14 mag teardown?

How on earth do you take apart Dboys M14 magazines? I have 3 that arent feeding to the top of the mag when winding, so was gonna see what I could do to fix them

Does it have a plate with an allen key screw through it at the bottom?

Comment

Re: M14 mag teardown?

it does. Ive removed this, but the plate is also held in place by little raised lumps that stop you from sliding it out from under the mag. its solid metal and very sturdily built!

Comment

The plate doesnt need to come off.
        Near the top of the mag there should be a hole either side if there is push in gently with a screwdriver and at the same time pull up on the plastic at the top of the mag.

Comment

ive got a small tiny silver pin on each side, but pressing these as hard as I can doesnt make them move at all. are these the holes you are talking about?

Comment

It should look something like that.
            Hole in the middle is where the insides catch onto.
            I know thats an M4 mag but principles should be the same

Comment

heres what mine looks like. that silver pin actually runs straight through the mag after opening the top and peering in!

Comment

Tap out the pin, it wont just push out as it will be quite well stuck in there.
                Thats the only thing holding it together.
                And i apologise that mag is sod all like my M4 mag...lol

Comment

lol no worries. will give it a good hard pashing, so far a steel punch and a hammer havent got it out! :S

Comment

Ok plan b is it possible to open up the mag sides a little so it slides out with the pin still in place?
                    Other than that im stumped.

Comment

i dont think so, they seem to be made in two pieces, but they are properly stamped shut and wont flex at all to get anything inbetween them to pry it open!

ill give them a good go with the hammer later!

Comment

Are you hitting the pin on the correct side, its slightly tapered so it only comes out one side

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Boo-Sabum Ben Instructor & Umpire with the International Taekwon-Do Federation Find out more about Boo-Sabum Ben
                        Working...
                        X