Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sr25 silencer???

Hi,

I have a classic army m16a4. I've modified it to become a dmr. It still has an original m16 type barrel (although reinforced) and a normal flashider.

I saw that the description for a G&P SR25 silencer says it can fit onto marui m4/m16 too and was wondering if this is true and whether if I bought this silencer it would fit to mine. Would I have to take off the flashider or not?

Cheers for any help,
    Chris

Re: sr25 silencer???

a majority of silencers just have a 14mm c/cw thread, if you unscrew the flash hider on your rifle youll find out whether you need a clockwise or counter clockwise threaded silencer. Most tend to be counter clockwise, so yeah it should fit.

Comment

SR-25 silencers attach to the front of the gas block though don't they? If you can take a pic of your gas block, I should be able to tell you. Although you'd probably still need to take the flash hider off.
      sigpic
      Tanaka M700 RealSword SVD TM VSR
      I want your broken Tanaka shotguns!

Comment

Hi all,

Like dope on a rope said, sr-25 silencers attach directly to the barrel up near the gas block. I thought I would have to take the flash hider off as that would get in the way.

My gas block is the vltor style flip up front sight set (can't find my camera atm) and just in front of the gas block it has a little indent on the underside of the outer barrel for what appears to be a barrel mounted silencer. The only concern that I have is will my m16 outer barrel be too thick for the silencer as most sr-25 outer barrels appear quite slim from pictures that I've seen, as does the silencer.

Cheers for the help so far,
        much appreciated
        Chris

Comment

That little notch on the bottom, is probably the bayonette attachment point. The silencer attachment points are 2 paralell grooves cut into the left and right side of the front portion of the gas block.
          sigpic
          Tanaka M700 RealSword SVD TM VSR
          I want your broken Tanaka shotguns!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Chris Jarrold Find out more about Chris Jarrold
          Working...
          X