M14 Custom EBR/JAE100 Conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M14 Custom EBR/JAE100 Conversion

Hey guys, I have a standard M14 TM with the Fibre body.

Everything is completely stock.

I want to change the external appearance to something a little more modern. I dont have the money to go and buy an EBR kit, and personally i think the price of it is rather absurd.

I want to try and achieve one of two different variants. I like both just as much, so whichever one is more achievable is the winner!

Id like to know, for each variant;

What parts are needed?
    Is it feasilbe?
    Any extra tools/modification to parts required?
    Cost estimate

So thanks in advance guys! Here we go:

Variant 1:

Varient 2:

Re: M14 Custom EBR/JAE100 Conversion

The top one is a VLTOR stock and RIS combo I believe... Looking at it's component pieces, the stock is quite simple, but would be hard to fabricate and you'd definitely need a stock to hack up... The RIS fore section is the VLTOR one too... Basically a bit fat stretched out CASV. The problem is, there's no place for the motor to go, so a Gas only Airsoft option.

The Bottom one, the JAE, would be easier to achieve, since Kart make a replica... You'll probably need to do some work on it to solidify and clean it up though, as it's maybe the dirtiest, cheapest, nastiest clone going, but your Marui receiver etc should just drop in.

Comment

Is the above kit made for airsoft? googling just returns articles for the real thing?

Also, the only way I can see of getting the JAE 100 stock is buying a whole Kart M14 and then selling the rest. Hardly an ideal solution sadly!

But thanks for this info anyway BEN, at least now I have a start point!

Comment

looks like the VLTOR stock could achieved by cutting both a fibre stock and an M4 receiver in two and glueing them together?

Comment

Well, that was solved quickly. One JAE100 stock potentially on it way to me. at a cost of £20!

How would I go about strengthening it ben? Would it be filling with foam or do you have another technique?

Comment

Originally posted by Boo-Sabum Ben View Post
            Well, that was solved quickly. One JAE100 stock potentially on it way to me. at a cost of £20!

How would I go about strengthening it ben? Would it be filling with foam or do you have another technique?
            I'd try and use a stryene cement or epoxy putty on the inside on the inside of the stock to fill any gaps and bond over any seams, then use a similar putty/cement combo on the outside, sand back to a flat finish and prime and paint the whole thing... A bit like filling car bodywork, just on the inside.

I suppose it would only be really required if the stock was horrible and creaky.

With respect to the VLTOR version... I don't think an airsoft version exists, and if it did it wouldn't be for an AEG... You'd probably be able to drop a GBB M14 in a real one though.

Comment

Yeah. The real deal will set you back approximately $650-$700 plus shipping. The real deal JAE 100 will set you back £600. Bargain!

After speaking with the seller, the stock actually comes apart in two. So wouldnt be very difficult to get it sorted. Would modelling putty do the same thing? Im mostly thinking about shock absorbtion, and weight distribution. Apparently the Kart M14 is very front heavy, but then again so is my TM M14.

So hopefully I can just take it apart, and press the putty into all the nooks and crannies in the stock, as well as any places that could do with more weight.

Also plan to give it a Green OD paintjob, with some black areas as well such as handgrip, and any other seperate sections. Like the JAE photo above.

Anything I can do to make the OD green look nice(r)? Last green OD weapon I had, (not painted by me) looked a little lame. But then they had sprayed it clean over the top of the original wood effect stock

Comment

Also just found that G&P do a very similar VLTOR conversion kit. Price isnt far off the real steal one though...

Comment

sell up the gun and buy the classic army ebr..

cheaper and easyier.

Comment

I prefer the TM one. And Id rather not get rid of it! I love it too much.

Does the classic army have the same hop performance out of the box? Ive heard that it does not

Comment

I know they do the G&P DMR, but that has a full stock and pistol grip... That gives it somewhere to put the motor on the v7 box.

With respect to the guns being front heavy, I think it's mostly because they are made out of cast pot metal on the cheaper clones... It's just heavy and the metal is mostly up front.

Comment

My mistake. It was the Mark 14 Star or the G&G EBR kit I had seen. It has an M4 style stock and this is what got me!

Comment

Originally posted by Boo-Sabum Ben View Post
                          I prefer the TM one. And Id rather not get rid of it! I love it too much.

Does the classic army have the same hop performance out of the box? Ive heard that it does not
                          well ive used and striped and rebuilt both, the classic army ebr hop unit is pretty awesome. certainly on par, if not better.

and those that know me, will understand how difficult it was for me to say that something might be better than a tm, like a fat kid giving away his last rolo.

With regards ebrs, its by far the best option on the market.

1. Great accuracy out of the box.
                          2. Half the weight of any other metal ebr on the market.

I under stand that you want to keep and "mod" you current one, but if i wanted an ebr and i do have the money for a TM and G&P kit.. i would still get the classic army ... Thats how much i liked this CA version verse a TM with conversion.

Comment

Originally posted by richardy View Post
                            well ive used and striped and rebuilt both, the classic army ebr hop unit is pretty awesome. certainly on par, if not better.

and those that know me, will understand how difficult it was for me to say that something might be better than a tm, like a fat kid giving away his last rolo.

With regards ebrs, its by far the best option on the market.

1. Great accuracy out of the box.
                            2. Half the weight of any other metal ebr on the market.

I under stand that you want to keep and "mod" you current one, but if i wanted an ebr and i do have the money for a TM and G&P kit.. i would still get the classic army ... Thats how much i liked this CA version verse a TM with conversion.
                            Fair enough! But sadly my budget does not extend past double digits sadly. If I was a moneybags id head straight on out and get that EBR kit!

But all I really wanted to do was give it a more modern/artificial look than the standard stock allows. Might get myself a ris kit if I can find one for a good price. and thatll probably be it for my M14 upgrade.

Im fairly happy with ther performance of the hop etc, I dont want it to outperform everything I own, otherwise none of my other guns will get a look in!

Comment

I can still tell you my money tricks boo-sabum if you want 3 bens is gunna get confusing ha
                              BB
                              Team Ballin' - "It sounds dirty because it is"

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Boo-Sabum Ben Instructor & Umpire with the International Taekwon-Do Federation Find out more about Boo-Sabum Ben
                              Working...
                              X