New Charger Assistance & Advice please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Charger Assistance & Advice please

Due to my "came with the gun" charger dying today I went out on the hunt for a new charger. Knowing that Z1 was closed I popped into the local R/C shop.

I walked out having spent more than expected but was happy that my new super charger will cope with anything, especially if I ever move over to LIPO's.

The shop assistant chucked in a suitable attachment to take the min-tamiya connector, and good bye £50, hello "Fusion Ethos LX41B Pro"

However when I connect the charger to my battery the device screams out
    "REVERSE POLARITY!!!!!!!!"

I have a look at the connectors and the black wire from the charger links up with the red wire of the battery, and the red wire from the charger to the black wire. (charger left hand side, battery right hand side in below image)

Before I panic, and you may be surprised to hear that I know FA about electronics, is the fix as simple as to replace the tamiya connector on the charger side and wire it so it will be red to red and black to black, or can i buy a converter to do the same job?

Or have I just got everything wrong.

Re: New Charger Assistance & Advice please

i have this charger and its a very good buy, as it stands at the moment just reverse the connections at the charger, red plug-black socket//black plug -red socket will be okay for now.
    batteries are wired correctly ,charger lead is reversed
    m14/l1a1/thompson/sten/sig552/kac pdw/svd/l85a2/mp40/m16vn/car15/type56/mac10/scorpion/m79/m1 carbine/m60vn/stoner63/vfc bar/xm177e2/grease gun/ar57/m1911/uzi/aksu/mp5 b&t/ppsh41/mpl/diy sog rpd/acm m500/galil/

Comment

I can see why he gave you the adaptor lead... screwdriver is 100%

Originally posted by Ominous Slayer
      A brain?
      Originally posted by snuff
      Can I borrow yours it's hardly used...

Comment

ive had this with batteries before. the company's website said that rc cars are wired the other way around so presumably the charger is aimed more at them. i

Comment

i did initially switch the bannana connectors around (red-black,black-red) and nothing happened, display remained the same, didnt appear to do anything....

...this was all prior to me trying swap the wires round on the male tamiya connector. epic fail :-(

I will try and get another set of bannana leads made up correctly wired.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

sunburnthammer Find out more about sunburnthammer
          Working...
          X