M4 Ris system attatchement?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M4 Ris system attatchement?

hello people. my friend has bought a element slim line M4 RIS system for his G&G M4 and i came around to see f i could help him and found out that it was alot more complicated than it seemed so i was wondering if anyone knows how to attatch a RIS system to the gun?

fast help would be appreciated.

here are some pics if you guys can help.

Re: M4 Ris system attatchement?

first of get rid of the bit that you would pull back when removing the hand guards
    you should then put the big seperate bit on then but the main bit on and they tighten onto them selves. thats how RAS works.

Comment

Probably have to loosen the front site (maybe an allen grub screw inder sling loop) and pull forward with the gas tube. Once gas tube removed from D-Ring (receiver end) - it should all unscrew.

Comment

i know element say its RIS but it so is RAS
        RIS goes into the front like the normal hand guards but only its got rails on where as RAS is free floating so it doesnt push into the end.

Comment

there wasn't any grub screw under the sling hoop. so thats where im kinda puzzled. there were to allen keys on the inner ring near the sight but they are inaccesable (second picture). d ring can't come off as there gas tube prevents it from unscrewing.

Comment

theres 2 pins holding the front iron sight in. they are parallel to each other and go what looks like 1/4 of the way through the barrel? see em?

oh and fingers "stay frosty!"

Comment

as i said, its not my gun. i don't have it here. he doens't have internet so im just posting here so i have no idea where i will be looking but il be going around his to see if i can sort this out. on the bottom pic do you mean where they parts of the sight join the barrel? i have a larger pic so il look at if it thats where you mean.

Comment

You should remove the front sight, and see where you can go from there.

Comment

Originally posted by owainthegreat View Post
                  You should remove the front sight, and see where you can go from there.
                  can't remove the front sight as there are no pins but underneath the cap to secure the handguards there are to allen screws but we can't get to them as they have a piece of metal in the way and can't fit a allen wench in there. (2nd pic)

Comment

In the first and second pic there are 2 grub screws (might be on other side aswell undo them also) if you undo them that might release the barrel and so slide the barrel out as this should release the gas tube. (if im correct)

then the delta ring (where the hand guard sits) take it off. Then remove the spring, then there should be a bit that turns, unscrew it. this will leave you with the body and a bit of the barrel (depending on where the 2 grub screws hold).

any who. you should be left with a thread where you unscrewd the previous thing from. the RAS should screw straight on to this. Do it, then slide the barrel back on and screw the 2 grub screws back in place.

If you can't screw the grub screw back in cause the RAS is in the way you'll have to,
                    take the RAS back off
                    screw the barrel back in place
                    remove the front sight
                    Place RAS on and screw in place
                    then put front sight back on as this hold the RAS system in place.

However there is a catch, I don't own a G&G gun so im basing all my thoughts and ideas from Tokyo marui M4's and when i put my RAS system on my ICS M16.
                    Alpha Elite Gaming, Jersey C.I

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

CrAzY CH13F Find out more about CrAzY CH13F
                    Working...
                    X