Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding Trades after manufacturing?

Hey guys,

wanted a metal body to go with my JG M4 S System, understood it to be a rather tricky process if I want a full receiver. Do the full receiver kits break down into two pieces?

Just purchased a Dboys one from a member on here, but it has minimal trades. I was wondering what methods there are for adding trades on afterwards? Would like them to be grey/dark silver in colour if possible.

Is it possible/feasible?

Re: Adding Trades after manufacturing?

Well a reciever breaks into an upper and lower, the rounded bit at the bottom, and the magwell part with the trigger guard and that.
    Getting trades put on is possible with laser engraving, look for someone who does trophies or something similar, can be expensive though ... And you will want to just bring the lower receiver, so as not to scare them.
    KSC MP7A1 (Tw)
    mix'n'match M4
    Maruzen P99

Comment

Do they all do that though? I wasnt sure if they actually came apart into 2 seperate pieces. The current one I have is plastic and apparently slightly different to all other M4 bodies so I wasnt sure if they all did or not.

Will have a look into laser engraving! A quick google search hasnt turned up too much useful stuff. Mostly machines that cost $5,000 ish. Yikes!

thanks for that though. Are there any other methods that anyone knows of?

Comment

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=laser+engravers+in+berkshire

Any trophy supplier should do, the top listing shows gun engraving

Comment

thanks for that, my selection of words in google was obviously not quite right!

Will give that company a buzz and see how much they charge. with prices starting from £6 a plate, could be quite good!

Comment

Best price so far....

£90.

Only a tenner cheaper than just buying a G&P receiver with the trades already done! yikes. perhaps I wont be going down this route after all.

Any other methods than laser engraving?

Comment

I would say a carefully cut stencil, then stick that down and go round it with a dremel... But that could take ages and could also look naff...

Paint? I don't tend to touch the magwell on my guns much so it'd last a bit longer. Plus you have a choice of colours.
              The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to discern whether or not they are genuine. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Yeah painting was my initial thought. But then I realised the amount of detail the stencil would have to be, and the awfulness of my arts and crafts prowess. I think I might just continue to search for a receiver with trades and use this in the meantime really!

Comment

If you have a pic of what you are trying to achieve I can send it to a guy who engraves zippo lighters etc & see what he comes up with

Comment

OK, the trades I wanted to add would be the Widow maker logo on the magwell on both sides, with the "taste my bullets" Phrasing near the selector. Id post an image, but all I can find are shop links and I keep doing that and getting warnings!

Comment

lol, pm me the links shhh i wont tell anyone

Comment

Wink wink nudge nudge!

Comment

Spoke to my mate but unfortunately he does not do laser, he did send me a link of where to get a machine to do it.
                          If there was enough interest he may get one but it's gonna cost a few grand so he would need plenty of orders upfront.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

some locksmith can do that
                            sigpic

Comment

Yah but dean, imagine taking a gun reciever to a locksmith..
                              Will probably get a few dirty looks
                              "Happy those who seize your children and smash them against a rock." Psalms 137:9

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Boo-Sabum Ben Instructor & Umpire with the International Taekwon-Do Federation Find out more about Boo-Sabum Ben
                              Working...
                              X