Making G&P Bolt catch and dust cover work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Making G&P Bolt catch and dust cover work

In the G&P M4's the mock bolt doesn't move forwards or backwards and the dust cover doesn't flap open when the charging handle is pulled back and therefore no bolt catch, Anyone fixed all these to work? thanks
    Originally posted by Tiercel
    I have a feeling this will be about as popular as a Magpul salesman at an AK convention.

Re: Making G&P Bolt catch and dust cover work

I had the same problem with my Kings Arms body. Because I had a CA gearbox the bolt catch etc wouldn't work properly as the springs, shield etc got in the way of the gearbox body. It was also a pain in the arse to seperate the recievers because the cocking arm kept getting caught on the top of the gearbox stopping it from sliding.
    I dunno if this is the same issue but it's one I encountered.

The Unit-13 Vipers are Recruiting
    Like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Uni...92968847384478
    UK Airsoft Wiki Moderator

Comment

Hmm its a stock G&P and designed not to work someone somewhere said to reverse the springs..
      I have a feeling this will be about as popular as a Magpul salesman at an AK convention.

Comment

Reverse the springs? A springs a spring? I dunno why reversing it would make any difference unless i'm missing something?

The Unit-13 Vipers are Recruiting
        Like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Uni...92968847384478
        UK Airsoft Wiki Moderator

Comment

If you mean flipping the spring around on the dust cover to make it stay up rather than down i'm afraid that won't work. As the dust cover has a lump of metal on the top of it which means it doesn't sit flush. And looks totally awful then. You'll need a new dust cover and charging handle set.

Comment

guess im doing some 2nd hand shopping, I know its cosmetic but hey i like pulling things :D

Comment

Mine does not even lock closed, nor seems to be able to. The gearbox is in the way!

Maybe just the way they designed?

Comment

Are you using the standard G&P M4 Carbine? if so got another question does your stock have a hole for rear wiring? thanks

Comment

G&P VLTOR Sentry.

Stock has room for wiring. Unscrew the bolt inside the stock tube. If it has a flat area on it, yours is too

Comment

hey guys to clarify on most g&p aeg's the bolt catches never close or for that matter open, they are designed that way to keep real'ness in mind obviously on the real bolt it has the dent in it allowing it to work what you could probably do is get a dust cover with the smaller latch and it would work then

this ones yours (most probably)

what you need is the ones designed entirely for airsft they have a low profile catch and fit next to the gearbox piston housing

Comment

you cant fit a locking type of dust cover to a G&P body sorry , there is no room on the body for them to fit , G&P's come with 2 types of dust cover , the standard Stay closed cover that is smooth on the inside and the stay open type that is steel and has the catch like above

But your fake bolt should move when the charge handle is pulled back
                      Please do not advertise on this forum

Comment

really? =/ that sucks well apologies for possibly getting your hopes up

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Nadrian Find out more about Nadrian
                        Working...
                        X