Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Homemade Magpul

I was thinking about this idea for a while and decided to have a go
    I first cut a Thick rubber charity band and used two part glue to attach it to the sides of the mag, i found that the glue was strong enough on its own but was prone to allow the band to peel off. So I used electrical tape to hold it in place and stop it from peeling.
    (I will spray the pink band black to give it more realistic look)

It seemed to hold up well on the week end and seems to be strong enough to use without having to worry about it
    TAE

Re: Homemade Magpul

sorry to have to tell you this, but its the idea magpuls were supposedly based off, paracord and siper tape kinda cool to have the elasticity though! I'd keep the pink you will know which ones are yours!

I guess it has an advantage over the paracord in that it keeps its shape, and its probably a bit grippier too, so might be harder to pull apart ....
    KSC MP7A1 (Tw)
    mix'n'match M4
    Maruzen P99

Comment

I'm sorry, but why dont you just spend £2.50 to get a proper one? so it looks good.
      Check out my Feedback!

TM Desert Eagle Hardkick|Systema PTW TW5 (tackleberry custom)| Systema PTW M4 MAX 2 (Tackleberry custom) | Systema PTW M4 MAX (Tackleberry custom)

Comment

Black maskers and paracord with some black maskers around the paracord so it keeps it's shape, and why pay 3 quid for one when you can make 40 for 3 quid and they work exactly the same way!
        section 24 of the 1968 Act
        Supplying imitation firearms to minors
        1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
        2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

why pay when you can do if for free (well close enough)?
          i dont really mind about the looks

Originally posted by savageslayer View Post
          I'm sorry, but why dont you just spend £2.50 to get a proper one? so it looks good.
          TAE

Comment

Ahh, I'm just the type of person who prefers the real thing! Hey I'm stupid enough to have 3 systemas, and ones all real steel (as far as I can make it)
            Check out my Feedback!

TM Desert Eagle Hardkick|Systema PTW TW5 (tackleberry custom)| Systema PTW M4 MAX 2 (Tackleberry custom) | Systema PTW M4 MAX (Tackleberry custom)

Comment

love it, can i order some?
              Team Ballin' - "It sounds dirty because it is"

Comment

^Thats what i was thinking, it would be great to see some of these up for sale, but it would probably mean us having to send you the mags, as you are using tape to secure it.
                sigpic

Comment

haha i would be worried if people couldn't tape it up themselves
                  BB
                  Team Ballin' - "It sounds dirty because it is"

Comment

thin webbing strap. about 1 inch wide then tape it as above just like paracord but easier to grip and retains its shape better. Thats what i use on my mags at work like and it works pretty well so.....
                    sigpic

Comment

Black gaffa tape ,Use help for heroes bands = epic win
                      Hate.
                      "The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his

General George S.patton

Dboys AK74U with Samson rail (y)

Comment

You can make them from duct tape. I may make a tutorial on it some time. They dont look great but sure do the job.
                        Originally posted by murta369
                        in soviet russia you remove the plastic from the paint.

Comment

Originally posted by Arnie013 View Post
                          thin webbing strap. about 1 inch wide then tape it as above just like paracord but easier to grip and retains its shape better. Thats what i use on my mags at work like and it works pretty well so.....
                          That might be a better idea if i make another one, this was really things i found around the house
                          TAE

Comment

Just use gaffer tape. Fold a length in half length ways to get rid of the stickiness. Then just wrap tape around to hold it on. So easy. I have that on all my mags and it works perfectly.

Comment

Originally posted by mark1989 View Post
                              Just use gaffer tape. Fold a length in half length ways to get rid of the stickiness. Then just wrap tape around to hold it on. So easy. I have that on all my mags and it works perfectly.
                              I do the exact same with duct tape just before it's alot stronger. It looks kinda bad but i'm pretty sure you get coloured duct tape which would look alot better than the traditional gray. (like below)

Originally posted by murta369
                              in soviet russia you remove the plastic from the paint.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

tubzza Find out more about tubzza
                              Working...
                              X