Best wrench for the job...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best wrench for the job...

Pretty keen on getting my hands dirty on maintenance and upgrades - Ive already built a reasonably custom M4 and now I have the challenge of disamantling a G&P M14 EBR that is unfortunately stuck in full auto and the safety is broken.

I have my replacement Guarder part: a cut-off lever that seems to be the cuplrit. The replacement steel one will fix this proplem once Im inside the darn thing.

Anyway - Im having a hell of a time getting the stock tube off and also the rear part of the gun off. This EBR requires a blinkin' long allen key wrench to get inside the stock tube and all my purposelly purchased allen keys just dont have enough leverage (and length) to get the allen key out. There must be an airsofters long allen key available that has enough leverage surely?

The stocktube ring is also a pain in the ass and seems to want to round off despite the tool I have already.

My question is - can anyone recommend any tools to do the job effectively? My existing stock wrench does seem a bit cheap and doesnt seem to mesh very well with the little indent on the ring (hence the damaging of the edges)

Tempted to give up but I like the fettling and want to fix the gun so I can sell on anyway.

Re: Best wrench for the job...

If you can't get enough leverage on the Allen key chop off the long end and use a ratchet with the same size socket on it. Put one end in the socket and the other in the troublesome bolt. OR get a length of tube and slip it over the short end increasing you mechanical advantage. Simples

Comment

Sorted!

Thanks for that.

It appears the EBR stock on the m14 on this variant (normal m4 style stock) is a dummy lockring - anyone verify this for me?

Comment

M14 ebr didn't need a stock wrench the last 2 I did..

Comment

Cool - may appear so - mine is this one: Note stock area...

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Fitch Find out more about Fitch
          Working...
          X