Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

Super trigger response with low ROF....HOW?!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Super trigger response with low ROF....HOW?!

Now I have got a new V2 gun coming in I was think of doing another project on it:

Tuning it to have a realistic(Under 20 RPS) ROF but a ' fast as you can pull the trigger' trigger responce.

I was thinking of torque up every thing (Motor, gears ect.) coupled with a 10.8 crane stock battery(If it won't fit, a 9.6) running at ~340 FPS. A AB 'FET and short stroking it so it only gets as much air as it needs to not comprimise performance.

Just wondering if anyone has any other ideas or know if this would work.

Originally posted by Ominous Slayer
    A brain?
    Originally posted by snuff
    Can I borrow yours it's hardly used...

Re: Super trigger response with low ROF....HOW?!

What you want is to speak to the guy who makes the Extreme Fire MOSFET's, I had a special chip installed which delivered 100% power on shot one, but can be limited to a percentage of power for all other shots.

Comment

Sounds interesting, how much did that cost?

A brain?

Comment

No extra for the chip, than the MOSFET is normally. Think £50 to UK!

Simply is THE best way to do it though, if not only way!

Comment

You will have to have a compromise.

Super fast trigger response would be Huge battery, torque motor and 13:1 gears.

You could go with short stroked standard ratio gears, big battery and torque motor. For probably arround 20 - 25 a sec. But still giving your trigger response.

Cheaper too than the fet option, I've been speaking to Gandalf he has just made some fets that will take up to arround 22 Volts, they do everything but make a cuppa. But they come at a price.
          Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

Eeeekkk, £50. Which MOSFET did that slot into?

A brain?

Comment

£50 thats cheap...The one I was looking at was £90...lol
              Gun tech.

Comment

£50 includes the MOSFET and chip - was the Cheetah.

Comment

Well depending on what MOSFET it does into I might take it.

EDIT: Ok, will take a look now.

A brain?

Comment

Mosfet's are ridiculus now.. as in the price and the direction its going. Performance used to be effciencey now its whoever has the most rof has the most performance, jars me off big style asm does. Great place to learn high rof and mosfets thats about it, its stalled now and has been for a while to many people pulling it in there own directions..

Airfet.. all day long, made in england and £25

back on topic though, Jags right a mosfet with built in speed controller.

Or torque it all up, bigger battery and hope the high ratio slows it enough to get chrisp with out rof..

Or try the ASCU with the electronic trigger you should see some improvment in trigger response over normal.

Comment

One option I've considered in the past, but dismissed due to wear, is to have a repeating semi-auto.
                      The gun is rigged to fire at "ludicrous" ROF, then repeatedly fired "semi-auto" at the appropriate rate.
                      The problem is that'd strain everything, particularly the motor and the drive MOSFETs.

Comment

Anything tuned puts additional strain on components.

For simple AB fets I make my own, but to run an 18.5V LiPo is something a little different.

I think you would be better to use Max torque motor, low ratio gears probably short stroked for the response then tune the speed by battery choice.

At the end of the day and wanted to use it as semi only with a big battery you could easily run an M120 + spring with a max torque motor and standard or 13:1 gears.
                        Last edited by North West Outpost; 3 January, 2011, 13:00.
                        Gun tech.

Comment

[QUOTE=richardy;585303]Mosfet's are ridiculus now.. as in the price and the direction its going. Performance used to be effciencey now its whoever has the most rof has the most performance, jars me off big style asm does. Great place to learn high rof and mosfets thats about it, its stalled now and has been for a while to many people pulling it in there own directions./QUOTE]

The reason the fets are being developed is due to demand, people enjoy pushing things the limit. Seeing as the USA is so far ahead of most other places in that area, that is where they are being developed, made and distributed from.

The Japanese have guns with 1J power at 60 rps. Thats no easy feat with such a tiny main spring. It's much easyier to have 70rps with higher fps. That's where the tuning process takes you.

Why shouldn't people want to have rof, it's called individuality. Each to their own.

The best place to lean about any modification is on a work bench, or get someone who nows about these things to do it.
                          Gun tech.

Comment

Originally posted by Montesa77 View Post
                            Now I have got a new V2 gun coming in I was think of doing another project on it:

Tuning it to have a realistic(Under 20 RPS) ROF but a ' fast as you can pull the trigger' trigger responce.

I was thinking of torque up every thing (Motor, gears ect.) coupled with a 10.8 crane stock battery(If it won't fit, a 9.6) running at ~340 FPS. A AB 'FET and short stroking it so it only gets as much air as it needs to not comprimise performance.

Just wondering if anyone has any other ideas or know if this would work.
                            Precocking - An Idea taken from the V4 mechbox but copied by Army and G&G for their L85s.
                            Playing with the position of the cutoff cam on the sector gear to cut the switch when the Piston assembly/spring is at compressed state (say 85%), the piston travel distance would only be a further 15% before being released. The remaining 85% cycle time would take place after the Piston has been released/shot has fired.
                            In conjunction with a high ratio Gears (which would naturally reduce the Sector Gears peak cycle rate) and a High torque Motor (neodymium magnets best for start up torque) the response would be phenomenal. On top of this, you could retain the entire Cylinder volume as there wouldn't be any need for short stroking.

The FET route is another option that will work, I know Terry from EF offers a Variable ROF setting for auto. IIRC he was also working software for one of his boards to offer Precocking as well.

Originally posted by richardy View Post
                            Mosfet's are ridiculus now.. as in the price and the direction its going. Performance used to be effciencey now its whoever has the most rof has the most performance, jars me off big style asm does. Great place to learn high rof and mosfets thats about it
                            Agreed, it has taken that direction in recent times and I think many people are forgetting about everything else.

As someone who has always tampered with methods of increasing ROF and sustaining it I can't deny that I am an offender, but back to the days of corvid and ice, or even before ASM and arnies there was more creativity, not just one particular focus. There was more work out side of the box.
                            I frequently enforce the importance of efficiency, but it is often forgotten. I only wish I had more time to

Originally posted by midas View Post

Seeing as the USA is so far ahead of most other places in that area.
                            Also agreed, the majority of what we are doing here is old news to the US, Philippines, HK etc..
                            dsgdreamteam

Comment

Just out of curiosity, wouldnt a normal Mosfet provide this? Just an active braking one?

I thought the idea behind these simple mosfets was to deliver current quicker, rather than as much juice as possible?

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Montesa77 I've got a book out if you want to read it. It's called 'Life In A Bin' Find out more about Montesa77
                              Working...
                              X