X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Laser trip wire help

The plan:
    Buy 2 cheap radios
    break one open and solder onto the "call" contacts a inverted photo cell with the correct resistors needed ect.
    Put it into a tidy little project box with a drilled hole for the photo cell.

Buy a cheap red laser,
    mount it on a metal plate
    Drill holes through the 4 corners of the metal plate and tac on some nuts over the holes
    Put some long thin bolts though the nuts
    (now I have a laser thats adjustable on any surface to point into the photo cell)

END OF THE DAY...
    I will have the other radio with an earpiece, when i hear the call alarm going off in my ear i will know the beam has been broken.

I know i can make this... its just the question; Is it allowed?

Pros for me:
    I know when the beam has been crossed

Pros for them:
    Anyone that has played CQB know how much smoke is about and that beams going to show up like a bitch. I was thinking how to solve this at first such as use a IR laser. Then i though.. this makes it fair for me to have this device and adds another dimension to the game. Also it gives them a chance to trick me if they are watching there footsteps and they simply step over it? Then they could come through the door behind me (or somewhere where i will not be watching as ill be expecting to hear the call alarm before someone pops out in front of me)

Please could i have some input on whether this will be allowed before i buy the parts?
    Ether way im at Newton Sunday so i will confirm with the marshals.

And btw... this whole idea came to me after someone sneaked up behind me in the sound treated room through the linking doors.
    There are devices like this and much more complex ones used by the armed forces which is why i thought this idea would be ok.

UPDATE: was thinking of attaching a electronic pyro as well, could also hook this up to the speaker of the radio so when i press call on my radio it will set it off remotely.

Cheers guys

Re: Laser trip wire HELP PLEASE

I think I like your crazy mad scientist airsoft ways, but I have no idea about whether it's allowed at your site or not. Good luck with the project!

Comment

Id llove to see that in action, would be pretty epic :D

Comment

how wouldnt it be allowed? its the same as planting claymores really a similar but much more simple version of what your doing is a rape alarm to some trip wire

Comment

Originally posted by murta369 View Post
          how wouldnt it be allowed? its the same as planting claymores really a similar but much more simple version of what your doing is a rape alarm to some trip wire
          Except this way the enemy doesn't know i know there there.
          If a rape alarm was to explode into life, they'd be on there maximum guard.

Comment

And on there toes in the other direction...lol

Comment

Hey if it works out ill pay you to make me one
              I have not the time! :P
              Originally Posted by balaclava ben
              i like to fill those cracks with the good old white stuff
              sigpic

Comment

Re: Laser trip wire help

I cant see why you wouldnt be allowed to use it, if youre smart/creative enough to do it then why not respect if you can pull it off!

Comment

Well, don't i feel quite the little entrepreneur :D

Comment

i would also pay for one!
                    sigpic

Comment

Use the headset connector. Then it'd be easily movable from one radio to another, as well as usable by someone who doesn't know how to use a soldering iron.

Comment

i made a item like this, but used pir's as they wernt affected by smoke etc, i had 2 radio transmitters and a 2 channel receiver fitted with 2 led's 1 for each alarm, and as it covered a large area, could be placed nearly anywhere very quickly

Comment

Yeah, I'm sure this would be allowed, no physical trip wire to trip someone up. Doesn't blow up/set off a noisy blank etc.
                          So really, no way of hurting someone.
                          Definitely build one, then put up a schematic of how you did it, I've got some cheap as chips radios I'd love to do this on, but don't have the time to sit down and figure it out.

Comment

A schematic would be lovely, I'd definitely make one
                            I'd have no use for it whatsoever, as I play at woodland, but this is so awesome I'd find a use! :D

Comment

@ cerbo, no reason why u couldnt use it at a woodland site

only problems i could see with using a laser is
                              1, setting it up quickly
                              2, if it gets knocked/blocked constant transmit on the call
                              3, laser or reflector gets lost/damaged
                              4, need to carry 2 radios

i think cheapest way would be to use a wireless doorbell and a pir, simple to make and a good 50m range in a woodland environment

on the bay theres
                              wireless door bell for £7
                              PIR's bout £10
                              you only need battery to run the pir

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

LazyMcCrazy Find out more about LazyMcCrazy
                              Working...
                              X