Sprint's ICS L85A2 SA80

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sprint's ICS L85A2 SA80

Hi! Been into airsofting for the last 2 years since me and a load of mates that loved paintballing started trying to find a cheaper way of playing, then we found out about airsoft ad thought we'd give it a go.

We all bought cheapy 2 tone guns to begin with, unsure of how much we'd enjoy it. My first AEG was a JG MP5, I fitted a 9.6V battery and uprated connectors and it was amazingly reliable and accurate considering its uber short barrel! I had to get the gearbox rebuilt after 14months which was probably just down to the stupid ROF i was doing! Great gun!

Anyway, obviously we are all hooked and have never looked back to paintballing.
    Id decided along time ago that i wanted a bullpup rifle ext as i liked the size of the MP5 but wanted more range/accuracy in the same package size.
    Having looked, played and spoken to lots of bullpup owners at skirmishes and doing a lot of research online, of which this forum / you guys were very helpfull, i decided an ICS L85 was the one for me, all my mates chipped in for my birthday and i sold my MP5 to raise funds for it. I am chuffed with it, its amazing to work on if you have to, and the build quality is lovely.

My first mod was to replace the iron sights with some optics, i bought an ACOG replica to start with but was dissapointed with the finish
    So i returned it and after having a look around bought the scope pictured below, some true followers may say its not in keeping (not being a Susat or ACOG) but its great, looks smart, is very versatile and top quality (I did make a raiser for the mount to lift it up 18mm however).

Im going to keep updating this thread as i encounter any problems and resolve them, and hope to clear up some clashing information relating to this AEG! Hope you to see some of you at skirmishes throughout the year!

Re: Sprint's ICS L85A2 SA80

URGGH

I respect that you've attempted to try it, but I'd put a SUSAT on..or at the very least an ACOG

Comment

I have an ACOG on mine, and it definitely looks good.
      If you like it... well, then it's you who likes it. :p

Comment

Cheers guys :P

I had an ACOG and it did look the nuts, just it was poor quality and i couldnt live with it lol!

I like the Susat too, again looks the nuts but i couldnt afford a good one :/

When ive saved some more dosh il probo get an ACOG TBH

At the moment the scope i have is good, magnification goes from 2.5X to 10X and it has a laser if need be

Comment

I gotta say, I have a plain red dot ACOG, and it looks the part but seems to me much more fitting for an assault rifle
          That's my opinion, but it works for me :D

Comment

There is a strange 'Basic' kind of look about that L85 that I like...........

Comment

Yeh i had a red dot on my MP5, very good being able to have both eyes open for CQB.
              But when it comes to long woodland shots etc the zoom is helpfull, if not just for having a look around :D

I was thinking of getting an EOTech or suchlike for CQB work, and just put either of the optics on for different game days

Thanks Apurturesci

Comment

I also fitted an 8.4V Vapextech 3300Mah battery when i got and subsequently upgrade the wiring to a heavier gauge as the stock wiring was 'at its limit' amps wise. I also hard wired the motor and gave it a connector upstream instead making gearbox removal even easier

I also removed the 'Gas pin' mechanism that is there just for replica purposes as it makes battery access much easier and saves a few grams lol!

Soon after i first got the gun up and running i noticed that on Semi once every 10 or so shots it would fire out 2 BB's, this seems to be a common thing as theres quite abit on here and other forums about it happening to others!

I went for the cheapest fix first, a TM bucking & nub.
                The TM bucking has a 'split lump' moulded into it apparently to help centre the BB? you can see it;

This made a markable difference to the problem but didn't fix it, now double firing 1 in 25 shots.
                The TM bucking is defo better than the ICS one, range and accuracy were better hitting a torso size area repeatedly at 90ft on Semi

So i then went down the Airfet route, on the basis it was overspinning the gearbox.

I like Mosfets! :P the action is so much smoother with it fitted and its pretty much sorted the double fire, it only does it once in a blue moon now :D

Could it be down to the hop design, nozzle or tappet plate that it still does it rarely?

Still in search of more range & accuracy i fitted a System tightbore and Bucking last night but am yet to test it. The bucking needs a serious amount of lube to get it into the Hop and i found i couldnt use the silver ring it comes with. The Sytema bucking doesnt come with a nub. It has a moulded lump like the TM but not slpit. Im curious to see how this bucking performs compared to the TM one as theres alot of hype around the both of them, so thought id try em both

The stock barrel is aluminium, 6.08 bore and 483mm long
                I fitted a Systema brass, 6.04 bore, 509mm barrel

The 509 is great ending just before the flash arrester, sneaky :P

Hope this will be usefull to some ppl

Comment

Had a bit of a play with it today, the tightbore and bucking has made a nice increase in range and accuracy. 100ft tight group on semi and 150ft+ good group on full/burst, very happy

Ive still got a TM nub in, is it worth replacing this with one of those 'H' nubs or not really?

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Sprint Find out more about Sprint
                  Working...
                  X