Opinions on M4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opinions on M4

After some opinons on my M4, before anyone says remove the magpul parts, i for one like them, they actually work! And i like DE!

Heres how it currently stands,

Ive got some magpul DE ladder rail covers coming in the post for top and bottom of RAS,

heres where i need your advice, ive a can of DE Humbrol Paint on the way froma famous Bay, to paint the top of my eotech 552.

Do i...

Paint the whole eotech? or just the cover?
    Paint my Current Rail covers
    Paint the upper and lower receiver in Dark Earth to match other bits. (leaving moving parts such as mag release etc black)

Please advise guys...

1st506airborne

Re: Opinions on M4

Have a look on the Sentry thread for the DMR. I think that is a good blend of the tan and black look

Comment

In my opinion, just replac your current rail covers with the DE ladders and spray just the EOTech cover.

Best mixed colour rifles, in my opinion, are the ones where the volume of color is subtle.

Comment

Well I've just received my ladder rail covers, and there a completely different shade of brown!

I've got the dark earl paint on it's way, I may just paint standard rail covers?

1st506airborne

Comment

ok update:

just ordered a can of khaki krylon.

do i; dust the whole gun, dust upper and lower receiver or just paint magpul parts and eotech in khaki??

1st506airborne

Comment

Just a suggestion, but why not take a photo of the gun and photoshop the different ideas you have before commiting to painting anything? If you can't i'm sure someone on here could if you asked nicely?

Comment

ive tried photoshopping but its quite hard to get a rough camo srap job using photoshop tbh...

1st506airborne

Comment

ah sorry thought you meant you were just painting parts a single colour, which is easy enough to replicate in PS with a bit of patience and layering

Comment

1st506airborne

Comment

I like this A LOT more than just coloured magpul bits stuck on to tart up a gun. I would like to do something similar to an armalite as it looks great in pics, but worry it would look plasticy/toy like up close.......Does it?
                    Signature Removed

Comment

not if you sand it back so theres some tasty metal showing

ill get some more pics if you want??

1st506airborne

Comment

If you've got some more pics, stick 'em up here and show the world!

I ended up doing my HK416, kinda fudged it though! XD I managed to save it, but it's more of a desert/sand camo now! Either way it covered up my fugly AGM trades, so I'm happy! :D
                        Signature Removed

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

AdamWhy Not For Sale Yet Find out more about AdamWhy
                        Working...
                        X