Stripped screw heads?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stripped screw heads?

Ok guys, the spring guide in my M4 has snapped and the spring has jammed in the upper gearbox. I've ordered a new spring guide but I want to take my spring out because I don't want it in my gearbox compressed. I've got all the screws out apart from two which the screw heads seem to have stripped and my screwdriver isn't gripping them at all. Any ideas?
    Get it right roon ye!

Re: Stripped screw heads?

can either try drilling them out, or what i tend to do is get my dremel out and cut a groove into the head so i can then use a flat headed screw driver to get it out, then replace the screw with a new one
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Identiti View Post
      can either try drilling them out, or what i tend to do is get my dremel out and cut a groove into the head so i can then use a flat headed screw driver to get it out, then replace the screw with a new one
      Gave it the good news with the black and decker, I'll be missing the screw but the gearbox is still solid without it
      Get it right roon ye!

Comment

Depending what size it is, you may be able to get an easy out wedged into the top or drill a tiny hole and get one to fit. Not overly sure what size they go down to.

But the easiest way is mentioned in your post above.
        Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

Originally posted by midas View Post
          Depending what size it is, you may be able to get an easy out wedged into the top or drill a tiny hole and get one to fit. Not overly sure what size they go down to.

But the easiest way is mentioned in your post above.
          Yeah it's out now, the drill made short work of it. New spring guide should arrive in a couple of days anyway. Got a metal one, save this hassle again!!!!
          Get it right roon ye!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Barlow My names William, I'm 24 and I'm an airsoftaholic Find out more about Barlow
          Working...
          X