My butt sticks out!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My butt sticks out!

I fell down some greasy stairs and dropped my gun in the process of trying to save my neck (priorities all wrong, I know). The weapon works fine, but I can't retract the rifle's butt anymore. I press the lever that's meant to free the latch, but I can't slide it in. I think I've bent the pin, as you can see in this picture:

How can I get access to the pin so I can use the holy powers of brute force and ignorance to straighten it out again? The weapon's perfectly serviceable, but it won't fit in its box unless I retract the handle first so I'd prefer to get this sorted out.
    My good man, why do you bandy words like this? You are wasting time...Words are potent in debate, deeds in war decide your fate. Then don't go on piling up the words, but fight!
    - Patroclos, The Iliad

Re: My butt sticks out!

pull the handle towards your self it might give you that little extra to silde the stock off
    Please do not advertise on this forum

Comment

pull the lever towards up, thats the whole leaver away from the stock tube. should then slide on or off. i would slid it off and straighten the bolt out
      Taking hits since 2007

UNIT 13

Comment

Nothing happens when I pull it upwards. I'm afraid of yanking too hard 'cause the lever feels like it's made of quite flimsy plastic and I don't want to break that too
        My good man, why do you bandy words like this? You are wasting time...Words are potent in debate, deeds in war decide your fate. Then don't go on piling up the words, but fight!
        - Patroclos, The Iliad

Comment

Hmm it should move , ok a different way does the round nut have an allen type nut keeping it tight ? or is it a free moving jobby
          Please do not advertise on this forum

Comment

Pull UP, away from the stock, on the right hand side (in the picture) of the lever.

This is the side you would normally press down, towards the stock, to adjust the stock in or out.

This should give you the leverage to pull the pin out. You'll need to pull it out as far as you can, then give it a wiggle as you pull the stock off.

edit: looking at the pics, the pin has been bent into a slightly curved shape, turn the pin so the the curve points towards the front of the gun, that way when he lever pulls the pin, it won't push the tip of the bent pin into the side of its shaft, which is probably what it's doing now, and causing it to jam in place.

Or plan B... give it a good long spray of silicone in to the stuck part, grab a pair of pliers, and pull it till it comes off or its head comes off.
            uıɐƃɐ ʎɐqǝ ɯoɹɟ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ƃuıʎnq ɹǝʌǝu ɯɐ ı

Comment

you want the lift just the pin and push it towards the gun it looks like the oin has just come out of it's whole take it off ad have a look

Comment

If you can't get at it at all, use a pair of needle nose pliers and a screw driver (to fit on the inside of the stock to undo the pin) While putting pressure with the screw drive bend the pin back to it's original place.
                Originally posted by murta369
                in soviet russia you remove the plastic from the paint.

Comment

Think he probably got it sorted seeing as it was 3 months ago buddy

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Ancisace Find out more about Ancisace
                  Working...
                  X