Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dboys PDW Re-Wiring

Hi guys.

I've had some issues with the PDW I had brought recently and although I think I have the dropped fps nailed down to poor air seal (popping in some systema parts to solve that) the wiring on it has also started to suffer from the constant opening and closing of the rifle. I may go all out and re-wire certain parts of the rifle but am a little lost on what type of wire I should use - as I understand it, certain quality of wire is better for electrical flow and such. Can anyone recommend what one I should use from experience please?

Cheers guys.

Ammo.
    Democracy: Two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch.
    Liberty: A well-armed lamb contesting the vote.

TM M4 CQB-R SOPMOD, WE M1911 SILVER x2, KJW MK1, KWA USP .45, KWA MP9 (soon)

Re: Dboys PDW Re-Wiring

Hi mate,

Im in the same boat as you, ive had my PDW for about 2 months now and i aint even fired it (not even dry) lol

You want use 16awg wire if it'll fit in, if not then you'll have to use 18awg. Cheapest prices ive found are the shop of components whoes postage is cheap as well.

Just a quick question, if you dont mind going off topic a little what bits did you change inside. I heard the air nozzle and buckings are poor so ive replaced them, you done more?
    sigpic

Comment

I recommend not using silicon wire for this (whatever guage). It's all really tight in the receiver, so depending on what route you plan to take inside it, you'll probably find the silicon outer is too big and means you have to use a smaller guage.

The inside of the RIS is so sharp it also cuts silicon easily too!
      Originally posted by TLSFx on the misuse of pyros
      Never wave them at police firearms response teams. Those people have (real) guns and no sense of humour.

Comment

agreed it has many sharp area's but when i rewired mine i still used 16 awg wiring and mini bullet connectors from the shop of components :P

mine was upgraded with :
        metal bushings
        systema m100
        ca hop unit
        unknown cylinder set and nozzel
        Please do not advertise on this forum

Comment

@ Genista

What type of wire would you recommend for this mate? I've actually seen this very problem as well where the wire gets cut to bits from all the tight and sharp edges in the RIS. My problem came from the connectors that auto detach when you pull the reciever apart from the top. One of the connectors on the reciever portion fell off. When I tried to solder it back on it didn't work (I hate soldering). Am going to buy a pack of new and similar style connectors from maplins but thought instead of just replacing the connector I can try replace that whole portion of wire instead. In effect, the portion I'm replacing should be okay from getting cut up in the RIS as it's not the part that will be going through the RIS.

@ Dead Fred

That was the very place I was looking for the wiring actually, lol. I was just confused as to which I should be getting. :-/ I don't actually know what the numbers mean other than it's probably the thickness of the wire?

Thus far I've not replaced anything but I am placing an order hopefully today (I'll be opening it up again today when I get home from work). So far I have picked out the following to order from Z1:

* Systema Polycarbonate Piston Head with Bearing
          * Systema Area 1000 Cylinder Head (for Version 2 Gearbox)
          * Systema Air Seal Nozzle for M16 A2/M4

I was going to go for the Systema Aero Cylinder Head and Systema Aero Piston Head but I'm not sure I can justify the extra it'll cost when the above will probably do pretty much the same job. In addition to the above I decided to replace the hop unit as well and will try order in a Madbull 3-in-1 at some point.

Comment

Originally posted by johnnyj View Post
            agreed it has many sharp area's but when i rewired mine i still used 16 awg wiring and mini bullet connectors from the shop of components :P

mine was upgraded with :
            metal bushings
            systema m100
            ca hop unit
            unknown cylinder set and nozzel

I wasn't sure those bullet connectors would work on there, lol. I'll pop in an order for those as well as some 16 awg wiring. Provided they send it out quickly I'll hopefully have it all re-wired and ready to rock and roll for Sunday. The bushings worth changing? From what I could tell they came with metal ones already.

Comment

yep its the very small type there a copy of the dboys units ( get them from the component store as maplins is over priced and dont always have the parts) , what i first did was have the wire super long so so they came out of the ris and was hidden in a small sling battery bag , you can protect the wiring with heat shrink if needed also

tbh i just changed my bushings as they was nylon
              Please do not advertise on this forum

Comment

Originally posted by johnnyj View Post
                yep its the very small type there a copy of the dboys units ( get them from the component store as maplins is over priced and dont always have the parts) , what i first did was have the wire super long so so they came out of the ris and was hidden in a small sling battery bag , you can protect the wiring with heat shrink if needed also

tbh i just changed my bushings as they was nylon
                Ordered the wire and connectors from components (saw the prices at maplins and was totally put off lol). Hopefully it'll all arrive in good time. I'll put an order through with Z1 shortly as well so I can upgrade the internals and hopefully fix the bad air seal problem. I tried out the air seal test I was reading about (sealing the nozzle with your finger and pushing in the piston) and I could hear the air leaking so am going to replace the whole lot except the cylinder (but only cause Z1 don't do one).

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Ammo Find out more about Ammo
                Working...
                X