Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tokyo Marui MP7 battery convertion

Right guys & gals,

Ive seen a battery coversion kit available from Z1 which allows you to use a standard 8.4v mini battery instead of the super mini ni-cd's which come with the gun.

What I would like to know is has anybody done this conversion? And how easy is it to do?

From what I can gather, it seems like some soldering is involved which is not a problem, but is there more to it? I would appreciate any advise you guys could give me.

Cheers Ben
    sigpic If you sell, buy or trade with me please remeber to leave feedback!

Re: Tokyo Marui MP7 battery convertion

No soldering involved, just screws. It is the battery shape and wires connected to a small tamiya. Easy to do with a screwdriver.
    Originally posted by hellbound
    Magpul'ed guns wish they had Chuck Norris attachments

Comment

thanks m8

Comment

Very very easy mate done it:D:D:D

Comment

I have got one and its gr8 ))

But u need buy peq box (12 L on ebay )and 8.4v small battery

After conversion mp7 is just perfect cqb gun

Comment

You know I hadnt considered PEQ, I was just gonna use a battery bag, but a PEQ would probably look better.

Comment

MP7 with peq

Comment

Got a peq 15 on the side of mine with a 7.2v batt from shop of components. Just need to order up the lipos now
                Originally posted by hellbound
                Magpul'ed guns wish they had Chuck Norris attachments

Comment

czumen that looks kinda cool actually deffinatly the way forward i think. And Grammernazi can it run off lipo's? If so my brother has one, may have to borrow it lol.

Comment

I've never felt the need to put a bigger battery in my mp7. Battery changes are so quick and simple it's not hard to do so in the field...but then I've very very rarely had to do that. my batteries just seem to go on forever!
                    Originally posted by spetsnazdave87
                    I've never seen an Aug look so large :p

Comment

Problem for me is the batterys are ni-cd. Which is fine but I find when they die they die suddenly. Ni-mh you can usually tell when they start dying.

Comment

Battery for MP7 are just ok when u use standard battery trigger response is pretty poor but when u change in to 8.4v 1600 u will see a BIG difference !!!

Standard battery last for 1000 bb and 8.4v for much more ( i never used full battery in a day )

I cant tell u about lipo but i will never use them for mp7 . They just 2 powerful for mp7 internals but after upgrade . why not

Comment

Yea i thought lipo's would damage the gun if not upgraded. I use 8.4v 1600 in my p90 and it lasts the day no problems. The MP7 should arrive next week and im gonna do the battery mod straight away.

Comment

7.4v lipos will run fine. I use them in my 18c aep. as do a few others
                            TM SCAR-L / LCT TACTICAL AK VARIANT / G&G UMP / MARUZEN P99 FIXED SLIDE / TM 18C AEP

Comment

I love my mp7 and i dont wanna take any risk )) I will cry if something bad happens to my baby :PPPPPPPP

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

SP3CTER Team=Blackout Tags=Specter Find out more about SP3CTER
                              Working...
                              X