X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SRC G36k RIS/RAS

im looking into getting a RIS Handgaurd for my SRC G36k
    but i cant seem to find any specifically for SRC
    i have found "G36K Alumnium RAS Rail Handguard for G36 AEG" on google, but it says it fits TM + JG,
    does anyone know wether the fittings are the same on an SRC model?
    NEEDED L96 Mag Release, 40rnd Mags, and Bi-pod adapter

Re: SRC G36k RIS/RAS

They're Pretty much identical apart from the magwell mate, just the materials are different.
    WANTED: Dynatec BFG.

Comment

Ah right cheers thats that cleared up

Comment

I put a JG one on my SRC and it fit fine, but I did take it off and sell it again as I thought it was a) fugly and b) biggest waste of time.

I just stuck to the 3 rail system the K already uses.

Comment

Originally posted by Bandeen View Post
          I just stuck to the 3 rail system the K already uses.
          Ah right, well my src g36k only has the standard hand grip, it dosen't have any rails, excepth the one on to of the scope :/
          I might look into just fitting some normal rails onto my handgaurd

Comment

The SRC's come with all 3 Rails as standard? Thought it was the JG ones that only had the bottom rail.

Sounds like the previous owner has taken them off.
            WANTED: Dynatec BFG.

Comment

Originally posted by DCRISP07 View Post
              The SRC's come with all 3 Rails as standard? Thought it was the JG ones that only had the bottom rail.

Sounds like the previous owner has taken them off.
              ^^ This :/

Btw sorry I didnt mean to come across a bit rude with my last post, I just gerenally didnt like the look of the gun with the rail kit on it, for the price of it - its a bit over glorified.

But as above the SRCs should come with all 3 rails as standard? Maybe depends on the Gen of the gun? Wit the K grip you should be able to fit 3 long rails if you are after the longer ones, or 2 short side ones and a longer under rail.

Hope this helps

Comment

Worth noting (depending on how anal you want to be about it) that there are atleast 6 versions of the K sized RIS available out there, to name a few,

1. You have the generic CNC made one that looks the part and comes in at about £35-50.
                2. The G&G one which comes in at about 70-90.
                3. The JG one which I can only guess is near enough to the same price as the generic CNC one.
                4. The SRC, which has numbered rails and is closely themed to the real Knights Armament RIS, ranging from 80-120 last time I checked as it was a US order.
                5. The CA RIS which is what I have and was purchased for 90.
                6. The Laylax/Nitro RIS, 80-120.

All of these brands each will achieve what you claim to want, which is the ability to load attachments to rails, but each of them are visually different and sometimes physically different from the other. I found that the Laylax rail required manual work in the form of a grinder to the gas chamber itself in order to fit properly, whereas the CA fit perfectly and surprisingly to my CA 36K. The below images might help you understand what I mean, just be aware that you get what you pay for, in most cases expensive = quality, its you're call. If realism is your thing, you want 6 large holes at the top of the rail as seen in the "Real Steel" and "CA" RIS's.

Hope this helps, or provides more fun in the form of confusion, from the picture, it looks like you will do just fine from using the JG rail.. good luck.

Comment

haha ah that helps i was wondering why i kept coming across ones costing £100 +
                  makes more snse, cheers for that!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

SamHall_ Currently studying Engineering at college and wish to proceed on to weapons engineering. Find out more about SamHall_
                  Working...
                  X