Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacing internal wiring

Hey,

The jacket around the power wiring for my AEG has gotten a bit damaged, so I am replacing it to avoid shorting my batteries and to prevent the annoyance of a gun breaking during a game.

As I keep my mosfet inside my stock tube, and the batteries nunchuck style in the actual stock itself flexable wire would help me a lot with fitting it in without damaging it.

My batteries have very soft, bendy wires linking them to the EC3 connectors I use. Anyone know what this flexible type of wire is called? Or anything that meets what I am after.

Re: Replacing internal wiring

You're looking for 'silicon wire' (poorly named, but the outer is silicon based and very fleible, if a little easy to cut/tear). Different thickness are available, so depending on how much headroom you want in the power handling spec of the electrical system, pick a size that both suits that AND can be routed through you GB.

Just make sure that you deal with whatever damaged you're wiring in the first place too.
    Originally posted by TLSFx on the misuse of pyros
    Never wave them at police firearms response teams. Those people have (real) guns and no sense of humour.

Comment

Re: Replacing internal wiring

the maximum size you want mate is 18agw as 16 is a bit too tight to fit inside the gearbox,

also try and get silver low resistance wire also

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

SoSwift Find out more about SoSwift
      Working...
      X