Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M4 CQB Modding

Just after some advice really

I've got an ICS M4 and want to make it a bit more usuable for CQB and fit a tracer/silencer/supressor but not make the overall length of the weapon that much longer.
    I'm thinking of swapping the frontend/foregrip to the G&P Jungle Set-up
    and then fitting the tracer to that.

Will this all go together properly?
    Will the battery still fit in the foregrip?
    Will i need to shorten the exisiting inner barrel? Chop it or buy shorter?
    Can i then also fit a M203 launcher with no hassle?

Cheers

Re: M4 CQB Modding

If you can fit that front end to a ICS M4 you can have my right ball, those things are soooooo incompatable.

Originally posted by Ominous Slayer
    A brain?
    Originally posted by snuff
    Can I borrow yours it's hardly used...

Comment

Originally posted by Montesa77 View Post
      If you can fit that front end to a ICS M4 you can have my right ball, those things are soooooo incompatable.
      +1. I doubt G&P is compatable with ICS.
      Originally posted by murta369
      in soviet russia you remove the plastic from the paint.

Comment

Just fit a hop based tracer unit, e.g. the MadBull 3 in 1 or DIY a HUTU (hop up tracer unit). There is a very good tutorial as to how to make one on the 1st Sword forums, if you google it.

Comment

Apparently the Madbull unit does not fit in the ICS model.

God bless ICS.

I really do bang my head against the keyboard anytime I see somebody recommend an ICS M4. Just absolutely no advantages over over similar prices model, with the whole barrel load of incompatibility issues.

I have it on good authority ICS is actually owned by Apple...

Comment

I've not had a problem fitting a G&P or CA outer barrel to my ICS M4. I also haven't had incompatibility issues with aftermarket barrel nuts.

Replacing the foregrip alone will be a problem. I had to use a new barrel nut/delta ring and front handguard cap to use aftermarket foregrips (Magpul, G&P) but they aren't expensive and go on without a problem.

Edit: Confirming the above post, aftermarket hop units won't fit without some persuasion. I have an Element unit in mine but I had to change the nozzle in the gearbox and do a bit of filing on the hop unit.

Comment

Don't knock them Jag. They may be a pain in the assets to mod, but at least you can't cover them in fagpul either!
              sigpic

Comment

The easiest option is to check the classifieds for shorter ICS front ends. I've seen plenty of CQB Tsunami RIS for sale for good prices, even complete front ends.

I bought a plastic upper on here (fits perfectly on my metal receiver), complete with metal CQB RIS, outer and inner barrels. That way, bashing out 2 pins on the receiver means I can go from standard M4 to CQB quickly. I went as far as buying a second upper gearbox for CQB FPS too

You almost certainly won't have room for a battery under a RIS unless you go Lipo, so you'll need a PEQ box.

Comment

Thanks for the replies guys
                  Got a few ideas now of which way to go now
                  Gonna keep a lookout for a suitable shorter front end

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

chrismv6 Find out more about chrismv6
                  Working...
                  X