Modifying an S10 to be airsoft friendly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Modifying an S10 to be airsoft friendly

Roight so Ive got myself an S10, and I want to make it skirmish friendly.

As far as I know I need to do 2 things, firstly bb proof the lenses, either with ballistic outserts or putting some sort of polycarb shield over the eyepieces.

Secondly, remove the guts from the filter.

So bb proofing the lenses, thats easy and Im working on that.

But removing the innards from the filter? Is there a technique to it? How do you open the filter? Or is it a case of hacksaw it open and try putting it back together as neatly as possible?

Is there anything Ive missed? Anything else I need to make it skirmishable?

Re: Modifying an S10 to be airsoft friendly

Right
    1)Heroshark mesh
    2) take out the valve(only if meshed)
    3)Saw the filter in half and take everything out then clue back together.

Comment

I did the filter part with my old Finish gas mask.

The actual filter you dont even need to touch. So long as it has the same basic construction then all you need to do is remove the one way valve.

This will redirect any air going in and out of the mask to right in front of your face, tasking the filter mostly out of the equation.

It will cause the lenses to fog up rather quickly, so might be best to go down the mesh lens route for the mask in which case Heroshark can sort you out fairly easily!

Comment

The added benefit of my route, is that hopefully ( i dont own an S10 so not 100% sure) is that its easily reversible. Just pop the filter back in, and if youre playing a close up game with a lot of smoke grenades then it will work a charm!

Comment

I considered getting the eyes meshed, but Im really not a fan of mesh. The few times I have used mesh its too dark, I cant see where the bb's are flying and Ive ended up with flakes of bio bbs in my eyes.

I dont want to fiddle with the valves either, seeing as like you said it will make it fog up, and I suffer badly from fogging up as it is! Plus thanks to having a housemate in HM Royal Navy Ive got a nearly limitless supply of filters, so I can always carry a spare working one if smoke becomes an issue, though I dont think it will be seeing as all the CQB sites I play at dont allow smokes indoors!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Tiercel Find out more about Tiercel
          Working...
          X