Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Male to Male coupling

...and I don't mean the ghey variety.

Anyone know where I can get hold of a threaded male to male coupler? Thread size, not sure; I don't have calipers so not sure how to measure it (total diameter?). Any ideas? Slightly bigger than 14mm by the looks of it - probably 15-16mm.

Thought about going to B&Q / plumbers but I can't imagine I'd be lucky enough to get the correct thread.

Re: Male to Male coupling

Most standard muzzle attachments would be M14 x 1mm. That's a fine pitch. I doubt you'd get that in B&Q - Normal coarse pitch for M14 is 2mm.
    It looks like a right hand thread, so at least you have that going for you.

What does it go on? Might help to identify the thread sized.

Comment

Thanks - it's for the GPMG (M240B).

Damn flash hider screws into the barrel as opposed to it threading onto the barrel. In order to attach the proper flash hider I'll need a coupler - but as you say, the pitch is too fine for standard B&Q fare.

I think I'm going to have to engineer a solution...

Comment

Do you have access to an AGM MP40? IIRC, the muzzle nuts on those are M14 x 1 RH thread (I've made a spare for mine), and could be used as a gauge if you don't have another known thread part to try.

Comment

I'm now pretty certain it's 15mm. Gonna have to find some 14mm toob, solder it in then attach FH to that... somehow....

Comment

A 1mm pitch thread is 0.5mm deep. An M14 x 1 thread would need a 13mm hole, with enough material in the wall to cut 0.5mm deep into it.
            If I was making it myself, I'd do it in minimum 16mm dia. material for the 14 mm side.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Panoptes Gunnoisseur [n] pron: ['gun-uh-sur', -soor'] [Purveyor of fine taste in firearms]. Find out more about Panoptes
            Working...
            X