Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bowman PTT Wiring

Hey guys,

Recently purchased a lovely bowman headset, told it was motorola 1 pin (well its one pin anyway) Go to put it on my cobra MT600's (might be 800's cant remember off the top of my head in work).

Now I can hear all transmissions but when I press the PTT there is no sending signal, I checked the wiring and all seems ok even spotted where a wire could of been but has obviously never been and even tried just putting a piece of solder between the two (to act as a wire not actually soldering it in). Still nothing.

Any ideas? Its one of the ones that at one end is 7 pins-ish (DIN style says aviation on it) then the other end is a single jack.

Might try later with some of my spare audio converters to see if i can get the bugger to work.

Any ideas welcome.

This Post may contain my opinions and if you disagree with them Tough S**T!

Re: Bowman PTT Wiring

most PTT need a resistor across the pins to work, not a direct short, but bet you will find your radios have different pin outs

Comment

aribos, they the same as terry's radio,

the ones with black face or grey,

if they are the grey they dont work,

they work fine with the black facia ones, will cross talk with mine when up next mate

Comment

Stranger still it works with the cobra batteries but not with my new hybrid maplins ones.

Comment

Sorted it.

Turns out that Cobra have a little connector in their battery compartment, on their own batteries the bottom 1cm of the first battery touches this and completes the circuit to allow PTT's to be used. To use different batteries just simply cut 1cm of the plastic off the bottom and the batteries will work.
          Last edited by aribos; 11 March, 2011, 09:50.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

aribos Find out more about aribos
          Working...
          X