Torch help Maruzen CA870

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Torch help Maruzen CA870

I have a shotgun (m870 based but uses mags) and i want to install a tac light inside the barrel guide tube which is around 1.7cm Wide, this way i can keep its shape and design

its wide enough to fit CR123A batteries

i want to install a torch on the end inside the tube i can see two problems

1. there is a metal end cap which holds the whole gun together if i remove this to install a tac light the gun will fall apart so i will need some sort of replacement Nut ? where would i find such a nut ?

2. to fit a tac light small enough to fit inside the tube

I want at least 300 lumens so it means it needs to be CR123A powered, so the on/off switch needs to be a twist mechanism at the front of the unit so i can turn it on and off

I use a Scabbard hence why i don't want a torch charging grip as it wont fit my scabbard

I am sure i am not the first to come up with this idea, and there must be someone out there who knows about this mod
    Any help or info appreciated

Thanks in advanced

Re: Torch help Maruzen CA870

I dont think I can really help but... 300lumens? Is that really enough!? None of the torches that I could recommend (or think of) are the right combination of power/price/twist on-off. If they do exist, 300 lumens isn't going to be cheap in something 17 mil in diameter. I have a 200 lumen surefire which is 20mm diameter and can be turned on by twisting. Would set you back about 80 quid though. When it came out last year it was suposedly the smallest 200 lumen flashlight around.

Do you mean the magazine tube? Is it the same length as the barrel on your gun? If its shorter, then I'd say you were better off barrel mounting a torch and having it hang underneath. If it is the same length, then you might still be able to get a pretty close fit with a barrel mount, so's not to interfere with the shotgun scabard.

Comment

Well I use surefire and streamlight torches anyway I would rather pay a higher price and have something that lasts rather than something that breaks in seconds

300 lumens is good as long as it's a c4 light chip like the one In my tlr1-s

Yes I ment the mag tube which is the same length as the outer barrel

I think if can get a torch cut it in half so that only the bezel and a tiny portion of body i can mod a battery cradle using a smaller tube and then use some electrical wire and solder to make the connections

I would need a cheep torch to practice it on though before I committed to a surefire or streamlight

What model of surefire is your torch ?

Comment

here are some pictures:

Somehow i need a rounded nut this size to replace the mag tube metal end cap which secures the whole gun together:

This is the bezzel from my TLR1s

Size Reference:

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

crimson Find out more about crimson
        Working...
        X