TM P90 highcap: Gear falling out.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TM P90 highcap: Gear falling out.

Hello all recently got a p90 and a TM highcap off here.
    Now the highcap is giving me trouble, the 3rd gear in the set keeps coming loose and the pin gets jammed in the loading wheel. I took it apart once and put it back in place, it was fine for a while but still came loose again . So i then glued it back in with normal glue i use for model kits .
    After letting it dry, i took it out to test and it worked fine for half a mag, then the pin feel out again. Really getting on my nerves as this and the low cap are my only mags untill i get some more.
    Im going to get some superglue tommorw and try again . But what would be the best thing to do if that doesnt Stick ?
    I dont want to contact the seller over this when the P90 seems fine just a dud highcap.

Thanks

Let me know if you cant see the photo and i will host it somewhere else.
    sigpic

Re: TM P90 highcap: Gear falling out.

The photo's fine.
    The problem is the type of plastic the gear is made of. I think it's ABS, which, although it has "styrene" in the name, is a different plastic to model kits (which are polystyrene). Glue for polystyrene kits won't work for long, if at all, on ABS.

Without knowing for sure what it's made of, superglue might be the best option to try.

Comment

So much for thinking plastic is plastic :D . I will see if superglue does a better job tomorw. if not im out of ideas.
      sigpic

Comment

I got some superglue today. But on the back of the card it says. Not suitable for polyethylene/polypropylene. Would this be alright to use on the plastic ? Also the pin for the gear is metal
        sigpic

Comment

Hmm. There's a chance the gear may be polypropylene.
          Unfortunately, plastics are one of those things that you either know or don't know what it is. If you don't know, you need to weigh the risk of wrecking the part at worst, or nothing happening at best.

Sometimes "not suitable" just means it won't work. Polyethylene and Polypropylene are the kind of plastics glue bottles are made of because the glue won't stick to them all that well, if at all. e.g. One of them, I think polypropylene, is good for mixing epoxy resin in as you don't need to clean it. When the resin sets, you can flex the container and pop it out.

Comment

I didnt plan to get any on the gear anyway wouldnt spin then.
            I was goin to put a tiny bit of glue in the hole that the pin sits in.
            The pin is metal so thats fine , its just the plastic case of the mag im concerned about.
            Unless someone else has an idea to stop the gear falling out of place , this is my only option.

I think i will put a spot of glue somewhere else on the mag to see if it effects the plastic in anyway.
            sigpic

Comment

Ooooooh. I thought you meant the gear was broken.

Comment

Originally posted by No1_sonuk View Post
                Ooooooh. I thought you meant the gear was broken.
                No mate the gear is perfect . Its just when the highcap is put back together that gear is at the top and it is held in place by that small metal pin.
                As the mag unwinds it seems to work its way loose, then the pin gets jammed in the loading wheel and said gear is rattling loose with the bbs.
                sigpic

Comment

Just an update, the superglue worked great and now the mag feeds all 270odd bbs perfectly.
                  sigpic

Comment

Great.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Dumah Find out more about Dumah
                    Working...
                    X