What causes aeg vibration?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What causes aeg vibration?

This had me stumped yesterday, tried mates vfc pdw, and a magpul moe m4. Both these guns, when firing, give a slight positive vibration as they fire. It's a nice feeling, but neither my dboys pdw or Cyma AK do the same thing, and was wondering what it is that provides this feeling

Re: What causes aeg vibration?

A light mass but being jerked back and forth 15 times a second, the piston. Think of a single piston motorcycle engine, that vibrates like hell at high rpm. But with a 2 piston set up there is alot less as the forces counter-act eachother.

They most likely have a heaver piston or are running at faster speeds. Or run alot smoother cause it to have less friction therefor the piston slides on the rails easier.

Originally posted by Ominous Slayer
    A brain?
    Originally posted by snuff
    Can I borrow yours it's hardly used...

Comment

Ah ok, so more energry goes into the piston head hitting the end of the cylinder, causing a bit more judder each time?

There was quite a lot of feeling in the grips of the two guns, do motors have something to do with it as well?

Comment

after having my gun serviced at my local shop, mine does this as well now. Chuffed!

Comment

I have one of the airsoft innovations units in my m4 and when its just about to run out of battery it warns you by vibrating the gun lol, the motor for sure vibrates, and i think that the part of the unit in the crane stock may vibrate too lol
          sigpic

Comment

Ah right cool. Wasn't really what I meant though! Interestingly, taping the motor in the AK up to keep it more solid undid this nice effect, as did changing the grip, so that seems to have a large effect too

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Boo-Sabum Ben Instructor & Umpire with the International Taekwon-Do Federation Find out more about Boo-Sabum Ben
            Working...
            X