Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cheap(ish) masterkey system

right all, ive had a cunning plan.

ive been contemplating a masterkey now for a very long time, just couldnt justify spending almost 1000 dollars on importing the airsoft surgeon one.

so ive decided to try and bodge one lol.

trouble is i dont want a pussy springer clamped to the bottom of an M4, gas all the way!

i figure if i buy a G&P masterkey set (the barrel attachment with a built on M870 body), and a Maruzen M870 pump action (gas, of course) that will work nicely.

then i realised, where the hell am i gonna shove the gas tank?

so this then got me thinking, what about using a ready mag system with a hollowed out mag in and hiding it in there?

now ive never owned a gas M870, and im not even sure if i could link the gas tank to the gun if it is hidden in a ready mag, so thats where you guys come in.

let me know what you think, and if it will be a viable idea, and no 'just buy a tanaka M870' as if i did that it would end up being more or less the same end price as the 1000 dollar one lol, unless anyone has a second hand tanaka they wanna sell me, hint hint

ta,

cal

Re: cheap(ish) masterkey system

ingenius! have you concidered modding a peq box? If you've already got one as a battery housing, you may want to re-wire your gearbox to the stock (extended battery stock). Thinking about it, even one of the larger boxes might actually be too small... at best.

I was just thinking out loud mate...

Comment

its cool bud, nice idea, i hadnt personally thought of that myself *slaps forehead*

as i say tho, i have no idea how large an M870 gas tank is, i know there is 2 different versions, a largeish one that fits in the stock on the full stock version, and a smaller one (i assume) that fits in the pistol grip on the stockless versions, but im not sure how the gas tank connects on the latter models.

if the M870 full stock uses the same system as my M1100 then there is a long piece of tubing that runs from the rear of the receiver to the tank in the end of the stock which, once the stock is removed, would be perfect for running either into a PEQ box or ready mag system.

keep the ideas coming guys, im gonna make this happen come hell or high water

Comment

worst comes to the worst, you could always shove the thing down the barrel of a 203 for that ultimate pimpage look.

Edit: I don't know how big the smaller tanks are, but they may fit inside other stuff.. Maybe a hollowed out flashlight. I know its a stab in the dark lol, but I'm really rooting for you to complete this project. If it works i'm stealing the idea.
        Last edited by FryFubar; 21 July, 2009, 10:36.

Comment

if it works, ill post up a guide on how to do it lol, ive always loved the idea of a masterkey (since i played metal gear solid 4 anyways lol) but could never get round the price..

selling off a couple of bits to raise funds, so ill keep everyone posted as the project goes on.

thanks for the support FryFubar!

cal

Comment

No worries mate, perhaps a copy of the ring airfoil round would come in handy, send those happy airsoft campers right off to sleep

Comment

lol, i think maybe a few people would be opposed to me shooting them in the back of the head with airfoil, mind you tho id be miles away by the time they came to lol

anywhos, i MAY have been somewhat naughty and found a G&P Masterkey with an M870 already attached, just trying to find out whether it is gas or spring, (Gas please god)!

will keep updating, if it is spring ill probably grab it anyways and go from there.

cal

Comment

few cable ties? :P i did this with little rubish springer was quite funny

Comment

Lol, bet that was entertaining to see, mind you they do say function over fashion

Anywho, the Masterkey i have sourced is indeed a springer, currently negotiating with the seller so will keep the thread updated.

MAY see if i can perhaps gut the attached M870 and squeeze some tri shot shotty internals in there, at least then it would function as a shotgun should and not firing one bb at a time.

Cal

Comment

Definately go for the tri-shot, a single shot shotty would be pointless for all your effort.

Comment

I'd Love For this to happen ! .. Gas all the way Tbh
                      ... Yeh Must Have Tri Shot .. if not gas
                      Last edited by Charlie; 23 July, 2009, 12:48.
                      To the man who would be king, I will say only one thing

Comment

Now ive just read this and had an idea.

Well they use the 12g co2 capsules in air guns to fuel those (as well as moscarts yadda yadda yadda)

How about running the shotty off a small bottle like a 12g co2 or similar size resivoir. I'm sure it would just be like a gas mag for a pistol which is no bigger than a peq so just run it off one of those for a few shots at a time then top it up.

Just an idea as i have never actually played with a gas shottie so dont know if you could change the "gas cylinder" over.

This Post may contain my opinions and if you disagree with them Tough S**T!

Comment

Thats very much a possibility bud, im just in the process of learning how the pistol grip versions work, and whether or not i could rig a Co2 rig to one.

Mind you tho, im not sure these things like green gas very much, its also entirely possible Co2 could blow it to peices lol.

One way to find out tho i guess

Cal

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

m00c0w Callum, Snodland, Kent. Find out more about m00c0w
                          Working...
                          X