M4 weathered look

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M4 weathered look

Well I've got my heart set on replicating the stock M4 grenadier from Operation Flashpoint Red River. I'm gonna base it of a G&P M4 but before I go in head first I want to try out the weathering effect on my AGM M4. I understand they have different finishes but I just wanna get the nack of getting the effect.

http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/File:M4A1.jpg

That's the effect but without the holo sight and m203

It looks like it's been worn down via sand and stuff so I was wondering if it would be a simple sand paper job, if so what kind of sand paper and would I need to do anything else to secure the finish?

Re: M4 weathered look

Spray it in a lightish krylon colour all over. Then get a brillo pad and some white spirit and scrub over the AEG parts some areas more so than others, this will leave the lighter paint in the crevaces and leave you with a nice sand/mud blasted gun. You can then get very fine sand paper and swipe over even more on teh edges of the guna nd on corners ect.
    CA & JP Rifles SPR (Upgraded)
    CA M4A1 SPC

Comment

You could always use it. Only took me one game to get a new gun looking old

Comment

I weather all my RIFs and achieve great results using very fine grade emery cloth and fine grade Scotchbrite to very carefully rub the areas that naturally show signs of wear with long term use. Makes for a very realistic look and feel and costs very little. It's crucial to work slowly and to take your time for best results.
        Scouring the country for the best Airsoft sites

Comment

Cheers for the help, sorry about taking a while to reply, I'll get some pictures up after I've practiced on my AGM M4

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

DECKTRON Deck, 19, male, In college, and in need of a job :( Find out more about DECKTRON
          Working...
          X