Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TURNING G&G M14 TO 400fps SEMI ONLY

Hi,

I am looking to turn my G&G M14 AEG into a 400fps semi-auto only sniper rifle.

Currently firing sub 300fps with stock internals, barrel and motor.

Any advice, tips or recommendations, as to parts and makes would be appreciated.

Thanks

Paul

Re: TURNING G&G M14 TO 400fps SEMI ONLY

Right. Single shot modding isn't so hard. When you remove the stock (which I assume you know how to do), then have a look for the big bit of plastic at the back of the gearbox, above the motor, that moves back and forward to engage semi and full auto. Set it to semi, then modify that bit of plastic (by either gluing it down or unscrewing it off) so that full auto can't be engaged.

An M120 will get you 400fps. You may want to look into getting renforced parts (namely gears, motor and piston), to make sure nothing breaks under the pressure of the piston.

Comment

Thanks for the reply TKS,

but can you be a bit more specific, i`m only familiar with V2 gear boxes.

"big bit of plastic" do you mean the selector plate?

What make of spring? PDI, Guarder, Systema, Prometheus etc.

What make of gears, motor and piston?

And no i`ve never taken the stock off of a M14 before, but i`ve found a take down guide on http://www.mechbox.com/m14

Thanks for your time.

Paul

Comment

It's not a selector plate, more of a selector bar. HArd to describe but very obvious on've you've taken off the stock.

To dimantly, simply unhook the trigger guard from the back, then that bit falls off. You shoul then be able to simply take the stock off. If not, there may be a screw or some sort just in front of the heat shield, undo it. I'm only familiar with the TM/AGM versions.

I couldn't say what make of spring, as they are all different ratiings and I have never worked above M100 before. As to gears, get andy hi torque motor, perhaps a systema magnum if you've got the cash. Systema gears (hi torque), and any torque piston.

The guide is fine, you can see the bit of platsic I am talkig about in it. As sson as the guy takes off the stock, it's at the back of the gearbox, in a cream colour.

Comment

If it's anything like a normal AEG gearbox, semi auto is the default fire mode. You could probably just remove the selector totally.
          Buy my stuff!

Comment

Indeed, I think you're right phat. it's true for the TM and AGM versions. THe G&G might be different but I doubt it.

Comment

Great stuff,

Thanks for the tips guys.

Regards

Paul

Comment

Hi where did you get that bipod for the barrel

Comment

Ebay