Plastic Filler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plastic Filler

Has anyone ever filled in plastic with some sort of filler? I'm trying to remove a pistol grip from a shotgun and replace the area where the grip was with a smooth grip.

I imagine fibreglass would work but I'd rather not mess about with fibreglass, are there any resin type products which would allow me to do the same thing?

Re: Plastic Filler

yes mate a product called plastic padding

Comment

Ah I did see that, the glass fibre version? Seems theres quite a few! Milliput came to mind too

Comment

u want the one thats just like p38 its like a car filler but allows a tiny bit of movement

Comment

Righto, thanks - I'd imagine thats the body filler variant "Easy Sand Body Filler Plastic Padding 130g"

Comment

thats the one mate

Comment

Cheers

Comment

plastic padding ultima is the stuff i use. and i've use miliput aswell.

not sure how much you know about the two but plastic padding is allot gloopier (for want of a better word) and doesn't really hold allot of shape, i find its better to build it up in smaller layers.

miliput holds to itself allot better and you can mold it but doesn't fill tight gaps as well, but use allot of water when using it and it becomes allot smoother, but then it sticks to everything and crumbles up

both dry to be as strong as plastic (maybe even a bit stronger) and sand really nicely, there's no real difference once there dry so its up to what you want to fill.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

dfrear Find out more about dfrear
                Working...
                X